Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander
Ouch.....<br /><br /><br />
017.html
<br /><br /> http://www.grineflip.dk/fun-pics/001/017.html

youngboater

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Parking in/on the marina

Boat looks almost fine!!! The boat is thinking what a silly little car?

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

You know. I wonder how much money you can get out of her, in order to keep you from un-tieing and casting off?

MarkAB

Seaman Apprentice

I can only assume the woman in the pic is the driver?

rolmops

Vice Admiral

That same picture was here in 2002

Realgun

Commander

The photo has to be staged. A car would have fallen off the dock between Edge and boat. I say this because the boat is not damaged.

Dunaruna

Admiral

Maybe the car just nosed onto the boat and then the owner of the boat released the lines to avoid aditional damage, causing the car to slip further.<br /><br />There is damage to the front of the car.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Here's a scenario: <br />1. Notice the parking spaces facing the dock. Car gets bumped by other car, hard enough to break the parking pawl and knock it over the parking lot bump, which robs it of most of it's momentum. <br />2. Owner sees car slowly rolling toward boat and starts rescue attempt. <br />3. Door is open & car is almost to the edge when owner regains her senses. "What the heck am I doing? I have insurance! I don't have to risk my neck for this POS!"<br />4. Boat is floating just inches from dock when car slowly climbs aboard, without first obtaining permission from the captain.<br />5. Car pushes boat away from dock until rear wheels leave said dock.<br />6. Owner: "Honey, I think the car got a scratch."<br /><br />it's just a theory. :)

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

I want to know how did the driver get out of the car seeing that the driver side door is open. If the woman in the picture is the driver , did she slide out the front of the car or climb up the roof and slide or walk off the car??? :D

cchase

Cadet

Originally posted by Realgun:<br /> The photo has to be staged. A car would have fallen off the dock between Edge and boat. I say this because the boat is not damaged.
If you look really closely, you can see that the pane of glass above the bumper was broken, there is a ragged edge all the way around the frame.

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

That's a decent sized boat, but even still, with more than a ton of car on its side, it should list and let the car fall off. Especially since the lines aren't tight, I wouldn't think the car wouldn't be able to hang on there like it is.<br /><br /><br />Probably 20 years ago, on one of our area lakes, there was a woman who caught her husband with a little cutie. He had their 40 footer tied up at the dock in such a manner.<br /><br />She moved and aimed his car at the boat-- that she had a set of keys for-- piled some stuff on the gas pedal to keep it reved up real high, and dropped it into gear by reaching through the window.<br /><br />The car leaped off the dock and went into the boat, sinking them both.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

If it's an edited photo, they did a good job - shadows, perspective, etc. Note the view of the other boat beyond the car through the rear windshield. And you can tell from the position of the wheels that the car is hanging. Can't really make out the reflection in the water.<br /><br />Could have been carefully placed there & counter-weighted by an advertising firm working on an insurance company layout.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Those bottled waters impair your vision when near empty. Thats gotta be the cause.