Parking boat in driveway

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Buy a $200 car and just keep the boat hitched to it everyday lol. If anyone complains, I would just say the HOA said its ok since its hitched to a car.
That sounds nice, but it must be a registered and insured car with plates in order to be legally park in a driveway

I like that idea. Pick up a 1970s Buick or Mercury with the curb feelers and get it registered and insured for pennies. It would look fantastic hooked up to the boat.
1728668712843.png

dwco5051

Commander
My house is on 25 acres but I still belong to a HOA. Its sole responsibility is maintaining the bank account to pay for snow removal on the lane that services 6 homes on 450 acres of forest land. I could never live in town where people have no other hobby than driving others nuts.350 milo - Copy.JPG

airshot

Rear Admiral
My house is on 25 acres but I still belong to a HOA. Its sole responsibility is maintaining the bank account to pay for snow removal on the lane that services 6 homes on 450 acres of forest land. I could never live in town where people have no other hobby than driving others nuts.View attachment 402387
With 25 acres of woods, you can do anything you want...who would know ??
Some serious spying would be required !!
I gave up on twp removing snow, we all have our own snow removal equipment and do a far better job !

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
With 25 acres of woods, you can do anything you want...who would know ??
Some serious spying would be required !!
We’re on a 28 acres on a dead end road. On the edge of civilization when we moved out here many moons ago.

The house is at the top of the hill surrounded by woods and fields. As such, we have a very long drive that apparently leads to “nowhere” given the number of people the end up at the house or barn

While I can still pi$$ in the woods and bathing suits are optional at the pool, we’ve had to put “no trespassing” and “private drive” signs up to keep people from interacting with the horses in the front field and or driving up to the house. Still, get one or two cars a year show up at the house, “lost”.

airshot

Rear Admiral
They need an Uncle Buck jalopy that smokes like a freight train, start it up and move the boat around every day or so !!

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
My HOA is liberal about most things except trailers, boats, campers, etc and in my particular location I'm glad off it. I have a small utility trailer that sits nicely in my garage as it can't be stored outside. We've had newcomers that push for all sorts of unreasonable exceptions - such as parking a mobile hunting blind in the yard. Nope! Same guy doesn't like a a tree in the commons area and wans it replaced. It's a perfectly healthy pine tree and it was there before they moved in. You can see where this goes if there are no rules. Yes - some go overboard and become so restrictive it becomes almost unlivable. If you are looking for property within an HOA, due diligence is the order of the day. Know what you are getting into and make sure you check their financials. A healthy reserve is essential.