Palm Beach bought by Premier Marine? Launching and recovering advice.

sopicki

Cadet
Hi all,
Sold my Cobia ski boat a couple weeks ago and bought a 22' Palm Beach pontoon with a 90hp Mercury 2 stroke. My 88 year old dad couldn't get into or out of the Cobia and there wasn't room for my 5 grandkids so I basically traded in my corvette for a minivan.....again. Insert head exploding emoji here :)
Anyway, I'm trying to find out information on Palm Beach pontoons. The one I bought is beautiful and I'll be the 3rd owner. The previous 2 owners took very good care of her and everything is neat and tidy. I'd like to add a portable potty for my dad and the kids and perhaps add a second bimini but there really isn't anything (that I can find) linking Palm Beach to a current company other then one article that Palm Beach was purchased by Premier.
I've also never launched/recovered a pontoon before....any advice vs a ski/fishing boat. I have a bunker trailer.
Thanks for whatever light you can provide!
Bob
Massillon OH
IMG_9540.jpeg

ahicks

Captain
My advice would be to hit a boat ramp when you know it's not going to be busy. That should let you take your time (screw up) without backing up traffic. It's really no different than a ski boat. Easily single handed, but it's nice to have somebody there to give you a hand. Have it ready to go prior to backing it in. I leave the front tied until I hear the motor running. Nothing worse than a no start after you've parked the tow vehicle!

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
I have a 24' '06 lowe pontoon. It is laid out exactly as your pic.
My sundeck on the back flips up for access to the batteries and fuel tank. It also allows the built in "changing room" to pop up. Does yours have that?
If so, you should be able to add a porta potty to the changing room as I did.
I also have a double bimini but it was factory installed, but there are sources out there that advertise adding a second bimini...
I haven't had any special issues loading or unloading, bunk trailer also...with guides that help....
The only problem I had was that after loading, the back of the pontoons are always uncentered..not much.......I learned to cross my rear hold down straps and they would pull and center the toons......I do have thick straps....

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
also, anyway to state the year and model of the palm beach toon you have...
It does appear premier bought the palm beach line...

sopicki

Cadet
Thanks for the replies. Our boat is a 2011 Palm Beach 22’ with a Mercury 90hp 2 stroke. She has just the one Bimini but my wife is already looking at buying another. The factory Bimini is the nicest Bimini I’ve ever seen, would love to buy a duplicate and that’s one of the reasons I was trying to find out what happened to Palm Beach. There is room for a changing area but not installed. Again, I’d love to see how the factory installed them. We bought a portable potty and collapsible room so my 88 year old dad and the grandkids can avoid having to run back to the dock.
We’re really looking forward to getting her in the water here in the next week or two.
Bob
Massillon OH

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
more ...but maybe not helpful...info.....Palm Springs Marinecraft is the complete name.....actually under the Co. name of Weeres.....now all Premier...
supposedly a solid built pontoon......

Attachments

• 7C93BAE2-24A3-4EF1-9044-1AA6621051AD.png
    7C93BAE2-24A3-4EF1-9044-1AA6621051AD.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • B5A14BF1-B6B8-4D56-8BF6-7BFE9EA6B496.png
    B5A14BF1-B6B8-4D56-8BF6-7BFE9EA6B496.png
    726.9 KB · Views: 1

jlh3rd

Chief Petty Officer
so...adding a front bimini.....just fyi...
my double bimini actually zippers together in the middle...I can just use the rear by itself, but not the front......but it's factory installed...
So yours may not have a zipper ....even if it does, aftermarket could still be hit or miss..........the front may have to be separate from the back...and color may not match.....
Now...and maybe you'll be this lucky.....Dowco made the Bimini top for my Lowe pontoon. I have replaced the entire two piece top with new Dowco pieces as the old one still had a part # tag on it, ...and Dowco had the part.....even though mine was built in 2006....
Also, they had replacement structure assembly......
If yours is made by Dowco, call them....see what they can do