Painted lower unit! Not pleased with result.Pics inside

bigboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The underside is not sprayed good enough to deck the primer. So i'm going to grind it smooth down. Install on the motor and repaint the hole motor with lower unit and everything installed. But it shines :D I've done it fast (2components lak)<br />
x1poKKs0nDau6Jc3vuru5ziGzUP3OZ5TUIGOhFhIbubSpb7XNxKpxkzOJ_LmSroSUXKqNvMFbmvsgYJ0RLzAe6HFzIfD5BbKt8zTEH89fL8tOvbHyMG3qMBBQDSXXfQOHH80gQs9znN0dqlVmWzEohS-A
<br />
x1poKKs0nDau6Jc3vuru5ziGzUP3OZ5TUIGOhFhIbubSpYJuB_XAB7pDBf3PZB7ugpYdTOKp51mZbWHjTp46cyFq2dMUtim0gWFeFYuL0RkHY5KT9KDYfzS01T0VFg80sUdyFMbuCreLKoXqkY0LcTvKQ
<br />At the last pic you can see that i've sprayed the underside off the boat, just so see what the effect is versus the creme color. I'll spray it in this white and with Deep black blocks on the side! It wille be cool, believe me! I'm a crazy kid of 19years old so i like to try some things! I want a racy look for my fletch. Rvs dashboard etc

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Painted lower unit! Not pleased with result.Pics inside

That looks A LOT better than it did before!<br /><br />I think your project would be a little easier to follow if you would keep going with a single thread rather than start a new one every time you make some progress. Just a thought.<br /><br />Do you have a picture of your boat stand? From what I can see it looks like it gives total support. Can you roll it around?<br /><br />Oh and, I'm no expert but I think your lower unit is on upside down. ;)

bigboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by CalicoKid:<br /> That looks A LOT better than it did before!<br /><br />I think your project would be a little easier to follow if you would keep going with a single thread rather than start a new one every time you make some progress. Just a thought.<br /><br />Do you have a picture of your boat stand? From what I can see it looks like it gives total support. Can you roll it around?<br /><br />Oh and, I'm no expert but I think your lower unit is on upside down. ;)
jeps, there are 4 wheels under it. You replace it to all directions. In an older post off me you can find pics off it but with the boat on it. I have no pics off it without the boat. Because The boat had always lay on it and i build it upp with the boat laying on the char! :)

tengals123

Master Chief Petty Officer

agreed, keep it to a single thread if your going to document your project.<br /><br />Does look like a good stand. do you have good acess to the underside of the hull?<br /><br />cheers