Paint scheme

1970 Chieftain V

Petty Officer 2nd Class
What do you guys think of my paint scheme? Below the blue line is going to be Ocean Blue and above the blue line will be white.

paintscheme.jpg

Jason

redfury

Commander
Re: Paint scheme

I might be more inclined to bring the tape straight up to the nose instead of dipping like it is.

BMOLCHANY

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like a good idea to use. What made you come up with that pattern?

1970 Chieftain V

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I might be more inclined to bring the tape straight up to the nose instead of dipping like it is.

After Looking at the picture I moved the line to the nose like your suggestion. That was the original intent. Well not all the way to the nose just a more straight line than dip. It comes out about 4 inches under the nose.

Sounds like a good idea to use. What made you come up with that pattern?

I was playing around with it at work and thought I liked the looks of it.

Jason

BMOLCHANY

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sounds like a good idea. How do hou plan on painting it? roller, brush, spray, etc?

revjim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

oh...and as for the scheme...take the line at the back from bottom point...then bring it up and to the nose...however...I would follow your lines...and give it a tiered look...blue/white.blue...following the lines...IMO...nice boat..good luck!

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

What paint? And will you post pics with your progress? I agree Nice Hull on that boat!

1970 Chieftain V

Petty Officer 2nd Class

oh...and as for the scheme...take the line at the back from bottom point...then bring it up and to the nose...however...I would follow your lines...and give it a tiered look...blue/white.blue...following the lines...IMO...nice boat..good luck!

Thank you for the suggestion. I think it looks nice with the little bit of the back blue.

What paint? And will you post pics with your progress? I agree Nice Hull on that boat!

I am using Interlux Brightsides. From what I have read it is okay to use for trailered boats below the water line. I plan on posting the entire overhaul when I get done with it. I really like the lines of this boat. It was a hand-me-down from my dad.

Jason

redfury

Commander

A little something like this?

Attachments

• paintscheme1.jpg
    paintscheme1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0

Off-Peak

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Looks Great!!! Looks like you are taking your time & getting great results!!! Enjoy!