Paint Question for 1979 70HP Evenrude

Sullyszoo

Recruit
Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and really enjoy reading all of the posts of everyone sharing their experience.

I am trying to locate some touch up paint for the outboard motor that I am repairing. The outboard is a 1979 70HP Evenrude (70973R). I am replacing the swivel bracket on the motor because of a backing mishap. The new bracket that I just received in the mail is a good replacement minus the color. It is cast aluminum and the color is kind of a green color. My 70 HP is factory painted silver. This color is not as common as the colors that are listed for that year. I would like to match the new bracket to this silver however I am not finding anyone who sells it.

I have found all of the more common colors for that year just not the silver. From the research that I have done so far the silver was used on motors from 1974 - 82. I located the original Evenrude paint code numbers and information which I listed below.
ES # 1612
Paint -Silver
Spray 172793
One Quart Can 279786

I am in the process of trying to get everything put together so once I start my project I wont be waiting on parts that need to be special ordered.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Sully

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Call.your dealer or a local auto paint store should be able to match it quite easily.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
convert

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Those are the factory part numbers.-------They may not be available.-----Perhaps your local paint shop can mix them using the ES code.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
They are available thru dealer and other marine webstores but part # has changed....
blue …….777178
silver...…..771242
wht……...771248

Sullyszoo

Recruit
Thanks everyone for the posts. I will order the silver that Fazbullet listed the part # for and see how close it is to the original color. It doesn't have to be a perfect match it just needs to hold up to being in the water.

Sully

racerone

Supreme Mariner
Check those part # against the description before ordering.------Paint from ----nymarine----Is another option.