OX- 66 - 2 stroke - 250 Yamaha , Think I have fuel issue after filter change ?

No more boats

Seaman
Recently picked up a OX 66 , 250 HP , 2 stroke - Yamaha , New too me , all other engines were IOs
Going thru engine , changing gear oil , plugs , gas filters , primary and external
Had engine idling ( new filters ) few minutes number of times since last week , seemed fine
Today started right up after a minute of idling started running ruff starving fuel ,
Died
1/4 tank of fuel
Wondering when primary filter and external filter ( with clear screw on bottom draining ) is changed is there a priming process of air bubbles that I was not aware of ? but it was running . I did prime both bowls with fuel ,
thanks

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Wondering when primary filter and external filter ( with clear screw on bottom draining ) is changed is there a priming process of air bubbles that I was not aware of ? but it was running . I did prime both bowls with fuel
Trapped air can be problematic when changing the separating filter.

Some people fill the bowl with gas prior to installation, but that can be dangerous and messy.

When changing the filter I run the motor for a bit to fill the carbs with fuel. I then change the filter and start the motor again immediately. Most times it will catch, but if it doesn't, remove the fuel line from the exit of the primer bulb and pump until I get fuel, connect back up and try to start again.

No more boats

Seaman
OK , will try that , Strange since it was running 5 minutes multiple days . As I stated it did idle minute today ,then that starving for fuel sound , died and has not kicked on , Earlier today I did pump the ball but never considered removing and see if fuel pumps ,. Here's were not being familiar too OB , Baisc stuff , spark has too be checked , fuel etc , Leaving for grandsons travel ball and wont be able too mess with it until next week . THANKS