Owning three restored Starcraft.I need to buy a fourth?

Hi all,
I have not been on the forum for more than a decade.
In those decades, I restored first, a 1976 islander 22. Ground up job. Took a year. Then I acquired a 1988 Islander
26 hardtop, that I spent a year on to finish a restoration that was started by the PO and never finished. It is now my off shore fishing machine. Replaced all the wood, including the bulkheads with King Starboard. Then trimmed it with teak.
Last year, I picked up a very rough 1961 Seafarer 14 that I gut out, painted, replaced all wood, decked and outfitted , dropped a 20 hp Tohatsu on and is now my new favorite fishing toy.
Yes, I have the sickness 😃.
I’m retired and working on old boats, motorcycles and cars is what I have been doing.

I keep the big Islander at my local marina during the season, it is used offshore Lake Michigan and keep my little Seafarer nearby on the trailer for my other type fishing.
The covers the summer time.

The 22 Islander sits in a boathouse lift at my brother in law’s lake house in NC.
(I’m the classic, “Gypsy in the Palace”).
I’m finding that I don’t use it much. Just too big to easily jump between all the lakes I want to fish down South in the winter.
I’m thinking of getting a16-18’ boat . Starcraft, of course.
I am going to put the 22 Islander up for sale.
I am in the market for a16-18’ Starcraft that will be used for fishing, mostly. I think I’m
not up to yet another restoration, as I have completed about 6 boats, two motorcycles and two cars in the last few decades and just want to….we’ll, cruise and fish.

I know there are a lot of nice resto mod Starcrafts out there, but I can’t seem to locate them.
The I-boat classifieds came up with ZERO Starcraft aluminum boats14-18 ft within 500 miles of my location. I am willing to travel many many miles for the right boat, but don’t know how to narrow my search for the Starcraft resto mod I’m looking for.
Does anyone know how I could best find one?
I’m not too worried about selling my 22islander, as I get lots of inquiries every time I take it out. However, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Also, can anyone suggest how to value my boat and how to value the one I’m looking for?
All I have done is “acquire”, I’ve never thought about selling one before.
Thanks for listening..

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Craig's list or FB market place seem to have the most Starcraft boats;

No way to know what your Islander is worth without knowing more about it. As you know by being in the forum, selling and prices is frowned upon and not something discussed here but rather in PMs.

Craig's list or FB market place seem to have the most Starcraft boats;

No way to know what your Islander is worth without knowing more about it. As you know by being in the forum, selling and prices is frowned upon and not something discussed here but rather in PMs.
Well, just sold the islander 22. Took two full days.
Got my seemingly high asking price, as the buyer was “wowed” by the coolness factor of a classic Starcraft boat, (aren’t we all) coupled with its’ custom and pristine condition.
I was very happy to see yet another fan added to the Starcraft family. The Islander 22 will be berthed at a private dock on Gaston Lake, NC.

I’m now officially in the market for a 16’ tinnie.
I’m attracted to the runabout SS models, however, something set up with more of a bent towards fishing would be seriously considered, too.
Currently fishing the season off shore with the hardtop Islander 26 in Northern Lake Michigan through October.
I would be willing to swing through most anywhere in the Great Lakes/ Midwest/ Southeast to pick up the right boat this fall.
So, if your restored beauty needs a new home, please PM me.
Promise it couldn’t go to a better home😀

Hope this thread isn’t breaking any protocols about buying and selling, etc.