Owners of 1999-2002 Fourwinns Horizon. Need your info.

MATTT

Seaman
Hello, everyone.<br /><br />I owned a Fourwinns 2000 18'horizon. I have 14hrs on the boat now. My power trim and tilt resevoir container already crack around the four screws that hold the pump to the plastic container. Do any of you has the same proplem as my ? I went to Halls dealer where they sell Fourwinns. The Mechanic show me a reservoir that came from a Fourwinns that look exactly like my and it has the same problem (cracks) at exactly the same place. I tryed to contact Fourwinns company in Cadilac and they said they have not aware of any problem to the trim and tilt reservoir. Please let me know if you know anything. I don't think anything like that should occur to new boat.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Mattt.

D

DJ

Re: Owners of 1999-2002 Fourwinns Horizon. Need your info.

Mattt,<br /><br />Those components would not be manufactured by Four Winns. They are MerCruiser or Volvo components.<br /><br />Ther dealer should still help you although it does APPEAR to be a boat builder problem.

MATTT

Seaman

Thanks, djohns19.<br /><br />Because my warranty just ran out, the dealer said it would cost me part and labor to get it fix. If some thing I broke, yes I would understand that. But this is a part that broke after just 14hrs on the boat. And it seem like some customer from the same dealer has the same problem. The service guy show me another trim and tilt reservoir that crack at the same place as my.<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Mattt.

D

DJ

Mattt,<br /><br />I meant to say that is DOES NOT appear to be a boat builder problem.<br /><br />Anyway, Merc. or Volvo should help you or give you an explanation.<br /><br />With 14 hours, I would think they would be very willing.