Owner Manual

Vertigo

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1985 Thundercraft Open Bow boat, that I am looking for an owner's manual. Can someone help me?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: Owner Manual

E-bay, Craig's List, etc. What is it you expect to learn? Those manuals and those printed today are about 75% safety related and little about the actual boat. The engine has its own manual and very often the boat manual doesn't even discuss the switches and gauges in other than very generic terms. Accessories come with whatever documentation the manufacturer of that accessory provided.

ziggy

Admiral

what kinda manual? for the boat or the engine/drive?

most boat manuals, 'if' they come with one, are pretty general in description. engine/drive (if an i/o) manuals are a must have item to repair your boat. but they come from the engine/drive mfg. not the boat mfg...

Vertigo

Seaman Apprentice

what kinda manual? for the boat or the engine/drive?

most boat manuals, 'if' they come with one, are pretty general in description. engine/drive (if an i/o) manuals are a must have item to repair your boat. but they come from the engine/drive mfg. not the boat mfg...
I am looking for a parts break down of the boat? Basically how to take it a part and put it back together.

Vertigo

Seaman Apprentice

I have the engine manual, but I am looking for a break down of the boat?

CATransplant

Admiral

Few boats come with a useful manual, I'm sorry to say. It would be great to have wiring diagrams, cutaway views of the boat's construction, and other such information. It ain't happening, though.

It's really tough to find even the limited manuals that came with the boat. Ebay is your best option for older boats. For newer boats, you might have some success getting one from the manufacturer...maybe.