brownboyz2
Recruit
Thread starter- Joined
- Oct 3, 2006
- Messages
- 2
I've got a 1989 15hp Force Outboard. It has been a great motor. Lately it has been (what seems to be) overheating. I'll be driving it down the St. Croix River and it will start nocking, imediately i kill the motor. it starts smoking, and any water i splash on the heads turns to steam. it doesn't seem to be shooting water out the back like i believe it should. I've torn the lower unit apart and looked at the impeller, wich doesn't seem to be damaged, just a little worn on the tips of each flap. i thought it could be plugged so i ripped the engine down and checked each and every water way, nothing. is it most likely the impeller, and where do i get one off the net. i want to be sure it is the right one. Model #152F9A S# 1380