Outrageous campaign promise

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
This has to be the greatest campaign promise in the history of American politics. John Edwards is claiming that diabetes, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's will be cured if he and John Kerry are elected. Here is the exact quote:<br /><br />"We will stop juvenile diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other debilitating diseases... When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to get up out of that wheelchair and walk again."<br /><br /><br />Edwards made the unprecedented campaign promises during a 30-minute speech at Newton High School gym in Newton, Iowa today. :rolleyes: <br /><br />www.drudgereport.com

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: Outrageous campaign promise

Shameless pandering. Liars and Fools. Should get at least 45% of the vote. Thank you public education!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

That has got to be the most far fetched, wildest, uneducated campain promise I have ever heard by ANY Pres. or VP candidate yet. Maybe he thinks he's "John All Mighty".

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

You know, Once I was young and dumb, wife pregnant, I was working 2 jobs to make ends meet. I voted for a Peanut Farmer. I learned by my mistakes!!!

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Next John will say something like that he or Kerry are really Jesus or the Apostles, reincarnated.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Farfetched, maybe. But then so was space travel at the beginning of some of your lifetimes. John Kennedy wanted to go to the moon by the end of the 60s. BAH! Couldn't be done! WAY too farfetched, wasn't it? Boy am I glad they ignored guys like you naysayers.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Willy, Nobodys saying It wont happen someday, we are just not agreeing that these two clowns should be useing it as a campiagn promise.Just the proverbial carrot in front of the peoples noses.<br />I quote "When John Kerry is president, people like Christopher Reeve are going to get up out of that wheelchair and walk again."<br />Key words when John Kerry is president, meaning if bush is president it wont happen? sounds a bit like a promise that cant be kept but by giving it might damage Bush by making it seem like he is against medical advances.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Sounds like the political ying to **** Cheney's political yang.<br /><br />(Remember Cheney's statement to supporters that they needed to make "the right choice" in this election? "If we make the wrong choice, then the danger is that we'll get hit again -- that we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States").<br /><br />One grossly positive, one grossly negative. Don't ya just love politics?

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by lakelivin:<br /> .....(Remember Cheney's statement to supporters that they needed to make "the right choice" in this election? "If we make the wrong choice, then the danger is that we'll get hit again -- that we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States.....
Sounds like Cheney was stating a danger, a possiblility, a chance that something could happen. <br /><br />Edwards is stating a certainty, a fact that something will happen.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

fact? chileplease!<br />It's a well-known fact that people will believe allmost anything. Some even believe it so completely, that they think they are as good as God. People in the health care fields call physicians inflicted with this disorder as "having a God-complex". I guess all the people telling John that he can do anything, has gotten him believing it.<br />Maybee he has a cure for death that we can look-forward to?<br />Hey, if he can truely make the paralized walk, the senile lucid, and the blind see, then "I'm sorry, Presiudent Bush, but Kerry's running mate will save us all, so I must change my vote".<br />All we will have to do is get Kerry out of his way, huh?<br />Then the dead shall rise!!<br />
DBH_LOGO1.jpg