FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I bought a 1998 Caravelle bowrider last summer. I went to grease the gimbal bearing this spring and the zerk came out with the grease gun...ugh. I see McMaster Carr has self threading zerks....what would everyone recommend as a fix?
I bought a 1998 Caravelle bowrider last summer. I went to grease the gimbal bearing this spring and the zerk came out with the grease gun...ugh. I see McMaster Carr has self threading zerks....what would everyone recommend as a fix?
yeah depending on how much thread is left this will be an option. Worst case you may have to put a thread insert in. f you grease gun is like mine the tip has an adjustment for how tight it hangs on to the zerk
The SX and DP-SM drives (you don't say what you have) the grease nipple (zerk) is screwed into the female end of a plastic tube. The other end is just slightly tapered and is just glued into the gimbal housing.