FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
In 1976, I ran a 5 1/2 for more than 2 hours in a Barrel at about 1500 in Gear for 3 hrs to dry it out after I flipped the boat it was on. Water didn't seem to get very warm
That makes sense. I only run my motor while I'm cleaning the rest of my boat and within sight of the motor/trashcan and run it no more that about 10 minutes before the water gets too warm.
I think he is referring to those that don't pay close attention to what they are doing. Folks get busy and don't realize the water level in the can has dropped to low or it runs to long and the water gets to hot. I use to use a trash can until I got some good muffs. Still use a can for small out boards that can't use muffs. Using a can is fine for those that pay close attention....however...I think that people no longer pay close attention like they use to.....we have been come a disposable society....or we blame mfgrs for our own lack of attention !