Our Newest U.S. Citizen - Mrs. Kick Back

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade
MrsKickBackOurNewestUSCitizen.jpg

Most of you probably don?t realize how difficult this process can be to become a U.S. citizen. But after many years and tens of thousands of dollars, Mrs. Kick Back was sworn in as a U.S Citizen today!!!!!!!!!!!

MrsKickBackUsCitizen.jpg

We?ve been working on this a long time, and it has been her dream to be a U.S. citizen since she came here from South Africa 12 years ago. For the last six months, we have been going over and over the USCIS Citizenship Test questions, three to four times a day. It?s a set of 100 questions from which they will ask 10 in the interview. We even bought the flash cards the USCIS provides. Despite knowing the answers perfectly, she was still gut-wrenchingly nervous.

As an interesting side note, over the last several months, we have been using the flashcards to quiz our American citizen friends. Unfortunately, I now have the opinion that most Americans would fail the citizenship test.

Anyway, back to the celebrating! Now it?s on me to throw Mrs. Kick Back a huge Citizenship party.

Sea ya?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Our Newest U.S. Citizen - Mrs. Kick Back

What a great day, KB! Congratulations to Mrs KB, U.S. Citizen.

The Love Of My Life was born in Czechoslovakia of German parents in 1937. She emigrated to Hawaii in 1954. She worked hard and was naturalized in 1961. She wept with joy, so I can appreciate what it means.

canoemang

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congratulations man.. and woman!!

I would probably fail the test :)

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
AND WELL DONE!!!

I do know how difficult that exam is and how frustrating and emotionally wrecking it can be...While I myself am fortunate enough to have been born in this Great Country, I know many folks who have immigrated to this country from foreign lands and have first hand knowledge of the difficulty involved...

And I do wholeheartedly agree with you that many Natural Born Citizens of this Country would have an extremely difficult time with the citizenship exam...

Kudos, Blessings, and a Heartfelt Welcome to Citizenship to your Lovely Wife!

rickryder

Commander

Good Job! Welcome New Citizen!!

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What a great day, KB! Congratulations to Mrs KB, U.S. Citizen.

The Love Of My Life was born in Czechoslovakia of German parents in 1937. She emigrated to Hawaii in 1954. She worked hard and was naturalized in 1961. She wept with joy, so I can appreciate what it means.

Thanks JB for the cograts. Hope you were there for her big day in 1961.

Sea ya...

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Congratulations man.. and woman!!

I would probably fail the test :)

Thanks canoemang. The test is not really that bad if you just do a little work. They ask you 10 questions out of a set of 100 and you have to get 6 right. They stop asking once you get your six. About half the questions are American history and the other half are about the constitution and how our government works. We bought a set of flash cards that USCIS sells.

When we quizzed Americans, we were hitting them cold. May be a bit unfair, but the questions are all things that should be well known.

Thanks again.

Sea ya...

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
AND WELL DONE!!!

I do know how difficult that exam is and how frustrating and emotionally wrecking it can be...While I myself am fortunate enough to have been born in this Great Country, I know many folks who have immigrated to this country from foreign lands and have first hand knowledge of the difficulty involved...

And I do wholeheartedly agree with you that many Natural Born Citizens of this Country would have an extremely difficult time with the citizenship exam...

Kudos, Blessings, and a Heartfelt Welcome to Citizenship to your Lovely Wife!

Hey GT. Love the colorful congrats, but them you do have a colorful personality. Great day for us. We're enjoying the day.

Sea ya...

aspeck

Staff member

Congrats Mrs. Kickback, US Citizen! That is awesome and when someone does it the right way, they have my utmost respect!

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Congrats Mrs. Kickback, US Citizen! That is awesome and when someone does it the right way, they have my utmost respect!

Thanks aspeck. You can bet doing it the right way is important to us. So much so that her son, here legally as a student since age 17 and now graduated in nursing, will be leaving the country in October because he can't get a work authorization. He doesn't want to be here illegally even one day. So, yup. Doing it right is a big thing.

Sea ya...

salty87

Commander

^ so true. another BIG congratulations!

as another born here citizen, it thrills me that there are people still honoring and cherishing this country enough to do what it takes. (i hope i could pass the test)

great timing too. happy 4th of july! love the red, white & blue water cannon pic.

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

^ so true. another BIG congratulations!

as another born here citizen, it thrills me that there are people still honoring and cherishing this country enough to do what it takes. (i hope i could pass the test)

great timing too. happy 4th of july! love the red, white & blue water cannon pic.

Thanks salty. On the timing, I was wandering if we would be invited to the White House for a special July 4 ceremony. Oh well. Still great.

Sea ya...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Outstanding! Congrats doesn't seem like quite enough, but I don't have GT's skills w/ the digital crayola box....

I too would probably be a solid 'C' student on the citizenship test, just like history & civics in high school:facepalm:

Honored to have her join us officially! Also wish some of the locals had enough desire to strive for what it takes to stay for those who are choosing to come here. Impressive! It seems you & she instilled some of that in her son. Hope that it works out for his speedy return. On that, we will keep you all in our thoughts & send good thoughts his way as he travels back.
John

CaptainKickback

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Outstanding! Congrats doesn't seem like quite enough, but I don't have GT's skills w/ the digital crayola box....

I too would probably be a solid 'C' student on the citizenship test, just like history & civics in high school:facepalm:

Honored to have her join us officially! Also wish some of the locals had enough desire to strive for what it takes to stay for those who are choosing to come here. Impressive! It seems you & she instilled some of that in her son. Hope that it works out for his speedy return. On that, we will keep you all in our thoughts & send good thoughts his way as he travels back.
John

Thanks for the thoughts, jb. Actually, his girlfriend is in Taiwan and he will be moving there and work while he waits out a status change from USCIS (6 or 7 years, believe it or not).

Sea ya...

jbcurt00

Staff member

Taiwan!?!? Better start charging all the salon & boat rehab materials on the air mileage card:D The Kickbacks may also need to unofficially adopt the international boating flag:cool:

Has he signed on w/ a traveling nurse staffing company? 20+yrs ago, those outfits were paying huge sums. In fact, if she hadn't signed on w/ 1 & traveled far & wide, a nurse might have become the Admiral. Since she did, it lead me to the Admiral I married, so it's all good:)

kfa4303

Banned

SWEET! Just in time for 4th of July too!