ehenry

Commander
Re: OUCH!!!!

I'll just stick with my little buggy.<br /><br /><br />
053915.jpg

SoulWinner

Commander

Wow. Looks like he high centered and crushed his transfer case. I wonder if that's covered in the "trail rated" warrantee....

eeboater

Commander

Unfortunately, the idiot portion of the warranty expires when you leave the dealers lot.<br /><br /> :D <br /><br />Sean

KaGee

Admiral

Drove a Liberty for a week while my Escape was in the body shop... I would never own one.

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Still like the Cherokee a lot better. It was a real terrier.<br /><br />Jinx

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

So trail rated doesn't include skid plates? You are an idiot for driving that way without them. That's going to be expensive!!!<br /><br /><br />The GC I had a few years ago had front, transfer case and gas tank skid plates.

eeboater

Commander

Trail rated is on all Jeeps nowadays. That is a run-of-the-mill liberty, which in reality isn't designed for off-road driving. <br /><br />This guy in particular was an idiot. Even with something WITH skidplates it would have dropped down and bottomed out. There simply wasn't enough ground clearance to peak over that hill.<br /><br />Sean

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by eeboater:<br /> Awww comeon KG --- don't be a hater Yo!<br /><br /> :D :D
Nuthin personal EE...<br />I just did not enjoy the ride.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Double E, your right, he is an idiot. If he gased it up (unless that was all the power it could muster) and jumped the front end over the top he would have been okay. Plus thats what happens when they use aluminum for gear cases. A loose nut behind the wheel and a weak link, what a combination! :D

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Nuthin personal EE...<br />I just did not enjoy the ride.
I know -- just giving ya a hard time ;) <br /><br />Sean

sangerwaker

Commander

DOH!!! Glad that wasn't me! Looks expensive. Just because it's a Jeep, doesn't mean you should be off-roading with it. Trail rated means TRAIL...not off-road!<br /><br />I think the Liberty's are OK, just not extreme enough for what he was trying. Both my MIL and BIL have one, and they are very happy with them.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

I can't say I was impressed with the Libertys that I had experience with either. Just goes to show that Trail Rated is really nothign more than marketing hype to make you think it's tough. However I'll bet EE was smart enough to spec his out for what he wanted to use it for. It's that 10% smarter thing again.<br /><br />Great post Sean.

eeboater

Commander

Yeah David -- you're right. Even if it has the "trail rated" logo on it -- if your a dumb@ss and can't drive worth crap you ain't going to do nothing but screw up.<br /><br />Sean

KaGee

Admiral

The Hummer dealer here just finished a new showroom complete with an outdoor obstacle course. Makes this guys hill look like an ant hill. Good marketing ploy for Hummer.