Oregon/Washington Rain

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer
It's rained the last 23 of 24 days and they think we're in for another week at least which may beat a 1953 record. <br /><br />Check out these pics of the Oregon coastal town of Tillamook sent into another one of my favorite forums:<br /><br /> Oregon Rain and Flooding

bootle

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Oregon/Washington Rain

send it all to North Texas, we can handle it ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Ever been to the Tillamook Cheese factory?<br />Fun tour!<br />Texas you can have it! :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's OUR rain!!<br /><br />Give it back!

LubeDude

Admiral

I cant beleive I have never even seen this site before! I will soon be a member.<br /><br />Thanks!

ZmOz

Captain

Starting to feel more like a hurricane with these 40+ mph wind gusts. Earlier today I had to pump at least 100 gallons of water off my boat's tarps...all from last night. :eek: <br /><br />This is my boat ramp AFTER the water went down about 8 feet...it's completely under water again now. Normally the water doesn't start until almost the end of the dock. The whole parking lot was covered in a good 4" of mud.<br /><br />
ramp.jpg
<br /><br />It's funny, the jerks just started charging $3 to launch here at the end of this year. All the new equipment and signs they put up for payment got ruined. :p

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer

Hey ZMoz,<br />We're almost neighbors...what ramp is that?<br /><br />Hi Bassin Fever,<br />You'll love Ifish.net. They have panfish section and cover both Oregon and Washington. Just sign up with your existing Iboats name because it's perfect.<br /> :D

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by EZLoader:<br /> Hey ZMoz,<br />We're almost neighbors...what ramp is that?
That's Roger's Landing, on the Willamette in Newberg.<br /><br />What a difference a few months makes.<br />Today:<br />
ramp2.jpg
<br /><br />Same place in August:<br />
wakesmall.jpg

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer

In high school I water skied almost every other day at the beach across from Champoeg Park. My BIL and Brother ski at what they call the Farmers Beach up from there toward Newberg. We used to do our first skiing in March (without wet suits). Just built a big fire on the beach and tried to slalom off the beach. <br /><br />Small world! :D <br /><br />
Gwaterskiingweb.jpg
Willamette River near Champoeg Park 1972

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Hey Zm, let me know if Newberg is about to go under. I'll have to go rescue my son at George Fox. :eek: :D <br /><br />EZ, how 'bout a little more current picture? Think you can still throw a wake like that? :p

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> Hey Zm, let me know if Newberg is about to go under. I'll have to go rescue my son at George Fox. :eek: :D
It's getting close. The river's up another 12 feet or so since I took those pics, with at least 5 more days of rain coming. :eek:

rattana

Chief Petty Officer

We are on the way to setting a record for rain in Vancouver too. This sunday will be a record if it doesn't stop. We are not flooding like you guys, but the people living on the north shore are getting nervous for a mud slide. <br />Today was so wet and cold, everyone I talk to just wants to stay inside and stay warm. This weather is nuts. The only people smiling are the skiers up at Whistler/Blackcomb mountain. They are getting buried in snow.

Link

Rear Admiral

rattana <br />Sirop Dore "LYLES" Golden Syrup<br />Brought back from Whistler every year.<br />One of Mrs.Links sisters and family goes up there every year and brings that back for us. :) <br /><br />Rain? What rain :rolleyes:

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer

Hey ZmOz, I recognized that boat ramp right away as I live within walking distance of it. Waiting to see if we can match the high water mark set in '96 when only the very top of the electrical mast on the bathrooms was showing.<br /><br />And about that $3 launch fee, I'll be voting against Leslie Lewis, our county commissioner, for that one.

EZLoader

Chief Petty Officer

It's Thursday, 1/12 at 9:30pm (raining hard) and my wife just told me we can expect another 3 inches of rain by late Saturday. We have already exceeded the average monthly rainfall for January by 250% (in just the first 12 days of the month).<br /><br />I'd love to send some of this to Oklahoma and Texas. What does the sun look like anyway? :confused: