Ordering Parts in Canada

Chief Petty Officer
Who do you use for OEM parts in Canada

I would rather not deal with customs / duty .

The government already takes too much as it is.

Racerone likes evinrude parts.ca

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Customs and Duty aren't much of an issue these days compared to the Outright Gouging by the Middlemen in the supply chain.
I just deal with the local Dealer. That said Genuine OMC parts are going to get rarer as BRP has gotten out of the Marine Engine Business

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Customs and Duty aren't much of an issue these days compared to the Outright Gouging by the Middlemen in the supply chain.
I just deal with the local Dealer. That said Genuine OMC parts are going to get rarer as BRP has gotten out of the Marine Engine Business
Did they? I was just on evinrude.com and they listed Evinrude still. I also will say I don't follow current stuff and what comes out and who still is in business or who sold out. Did they drop the Evinrude line or sell the name and no one is making one now?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Did they? I was just on evinrude.com and they listed Evinrude still. I also will say I don't follow current stuff and what comes out and who still is in business or who sold out. Did they drop the Evinrude line or sell the name and no one is making one now?
BRP dropped it and it's now defunct

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
BRP dropped it and it's now defunct
Yep I put an edit on my post but apparently I didn't hit save.

I edited right after I posted to say I thought I remembered reading a press release/article about it. That corona shut them down on top of existing market conditions. Said I was going to Google and read it again.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
The Evinrude and Johnson brand names are owned by BRP.-----Evinrude is not marketing outboard motors at this time.----But who knows what they might put on the market next month or next year !----Think ELECTRIC of some kind.

Chief Petty Officer
Just imagine if they came out with an Electric Evinrude.

racerone

Supreme Mariner
People flocked to buy the brand new concept of outboards in 1909 did they not ?---Far better than rowing.-----The public will buy the concept of electric propulsion for many applications.----Perhaps not for 40 mile trips.-----But fishing at the cottage----" you bet "

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Not many charging stations offshore, that's for sure. That brings up another problem, a few less than bright owners will electrocute themselves by running an Extension Cord from the Cottage, down to the Dock to recharge their boats.

Chief Petty Officer
A customer at my local dealer this morning electrocuted himself over the weekend. He said he rebuilt his engine himself and the ignition wire sheared against his flywheel.

tphoyt

Ensign
There are some pretty fancy electric boats out there if you have a fat wallet. The Italian engineering is unbelievable.
I live in an area where there are several ponds that don’t allow 2 strokes and only under 10hp 4 strokes. The electric outboard market is changing that but they due cost a pretty penny.
This reminded me that I was passed by an electric motorcycle the other and I was going 50mph. It sounded like George Jetson passing me by.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
The Evinrude and Johnson brand names are owned by BRP.-----Evinrude is not marketing outboard motors at this time.----But who knows what they might put on the market next month or next year !----Think ELECTRIC of some kind.
Yea , when I re read that press release, it sounded to me like they would enter the market again at some point with something.

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Not many charging stations offshore, that's for sure. That brings up another problem, a few less than bright owners will electrocute themselves by running an Extension Cord from the Cottage, down to the Dock to recharge their boats.
T top solar panels and gunwales. And yes I know that's not enough to make a drop in the bucket for what it takes to get there and back. Hahaha