ordering mercruiser parts from iboats

bcasurvey

Seaman Apprentice
so i just placed an order for normal parts and tools from iboats, to support the site thats been helping me. problem is expected delivery date to central florida is april 27 thats 8 days. that is just unexcepible unless the parts are drop shipped from china or something, i dont know but has anyone else had this problem?

rickryder

Commander
Re: ordering mercruiser parts from iboat

They said the same thing to ship to NJ....got it in two days.....don't believe the delivery date....thats a worse case scenario...... let us know how long it really took ;)

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have also ordered parts from iboats and kinda cringed at the expected delivery date. Both orders arrived within a few days. Like rickryder said, I think the date they give you is kind of a worst case scenerio.

I've also order from here last year and recall it being rather quick here to MA

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

so i just placed an order for normal parts and tools from iboats, to support the site thats been helping me. problem is expected delivery date to central florida is april 27 thats 8 days. that is just unexcepible unless the parts are drop shipped from china or something, i dont know but has anyone else had this problem?

Did you ask iboats customer service the anticipated delivery time before the order was completed?

Have you re-contacted iboats customer service?

Is there a primary reason for your complaint or are you just on a soapbox.

Does it annoy anyone here that people fail to use a spell check (or a dictionary).

Very foolish complaint and it should be dealt with via customer service and not here. Stop trying to rally people to create problems.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Please do not gripe about things that have not happened.

Yes, Bob. It does annoy me that people fail to proofread or edit. It amazes me that some clearly smart folks couldn't pass grade 4 English.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Does it annoy anyone here that people fail to use a spell check (or a dictionary).

Yes it does.

To the OP, as iboats clearly posts on the site, items may come from different locations, shipped separately.
Not all shippers will process items on the weekends.

Items I have ordered gave me the option of 3-5 shipping methods and levels of service.
You can check the shipping charge and delivery time before you even get to the checkout page.
If you want it quicker, pay for over night or Saturday delivery.

But chances are, you will have it by Tuesday.

rickryder

Commander
Re: ordering mercruiser parts from iboats

So i just placed an order for normal parts and tools from iboats, to support the site thats been helping me. The problem is the expected delivery date to central Florida is April 27, thats 8 days. That is just unacceptable unless the parts are drop shipped from China or something. I don't know but has anyone else had this problem?

There that's better :D

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: ordering mercruiser parts from iboats

Bcasurvey,
just my .2 cents....

I'm sure iboats appreciates your purchase and your business, and I'm confident you'll see you parts as quicky as they can get them packaged and shipped- just like any other vendor. If they couldn't, I don't think they'd be in business anymore. Please continue to rely on iboats for your marine needs as I've always been impressed by them.

Also, the great and knowledgeable folks here on the forum are a huge asset - information you'd have to PAY FOR anywhere else. Many of these guys answer more questions in a hour than a 14 year old girl can text in a day, so they sometimes get straight to the point because they just don't have the time to beat around the bush.

As you can tell, many of the people on here feel (myself included) that if you expect people to take the time to give a thorough answer, you should take the time to craft a thorough question, spelling included- there is even a spell checker built in!

Stick around, enjoy your incoming parts and enjoy the forum.