Ordered the majority of my boat's winter siesta parts...

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer
First I went to eBay and ordered a 12x24 used billboard in black for $50 for winter cover

Then I called marinepartsexpress and got myself the proper synthetic oil, gear lube, gear lube pump, oil and fuel filter, fuel stabilizer and a few o-rings that the manual said I should change.

The boat only has ~30 hours on it, so I'm not going to go too deep into things, I don't think.

Things I still need to order:
Oil extractor
antifreeze.

fun stuff. I'm looking forward to owning most of this stuff and doing it a lot cheaper next winter. ;)

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Ordered the majority of my boat's winter siesta parts...

Just got home from buying my winterizing stuff myself. First stop was my local Yammie dealer for the oil, filters, gear lube, gaskets, etc. etc. Then on over to West Marine to get robbed $28 for the Off and On hull scrub.

It's enough to make a guy go back to mixing up his own batch of toilet bowl cleaner!.....almost....

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

I stopped by the store and got a case of anti-freeze tonight... I'm not planning on using it for a couple weeks, but it was on sale. Such a sad time of the year for boaters... I hate winter! :mad:

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah - I still got about two weeks left but I've found in the past if I leave the supply buyin to the last minute there's always something outta stock. Agree, though - end of season sucks!

Hogger

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll send you a list... I need a few things too.:D

Subliminal

Chief Petty Officer

Welp, I must have done it right!

I pulled the boat back on the driveway and cleaned the living business out of it on Monday. I also put the battery on the trickle charger and found the 4 plastic drain plugs I left out over the winter.

Today, at lunch, I slapped the battery in, put the plugs in, put the hose to the outdrive and fired it up. Started right up and purred like a kitten! The box was completely dry, so no aerated blocks for this kid!

I was a little nervous my first winterization as I've been told the 4.3 sometimes retains water and that filling with antifreeze is preferential. I went the route of pulling the plugs, draining the water and running some antifreeze through, in case there were bellies at least the liquid would be antifreeze instead of straight water.

Anyway, just felt proud of myself and had to report. Next on the list, Saturday she goes back to the dealership to have my hesitation issue fixed (warranty).

Then...fun time USA!