Optimal prop for a 2004 Trophy 1802 WA with a 125 HP Mercury outboard?

timjweidner

Recruit
At the boat ramp yesterday, a guy ran across the parking lot to tell me that he had the identical boat to mine and that I should do myself a favor and switch from the factory aluminum three blade prop to a stainless steel, four blade prop in 15 pitch from Proptech of Florida. At least I thought he said "Proptech," but I can't find a propeller maker in Florida by that name.

At any rate, the guy said that until he switched to the new stainless prop, he was really disappointed with the boat's performance under a load. It bogged down underway and was difficult or impossible to get up on plane. That's the same for my Trophy 1802 when I have a passenger or two on board.

So, I would be happy to invest in an expensive stainless prop if I could get at least one other recommendation from an owner of a Trophy 1802 with the Mercury 125 HP outboard who found a prop that they felt really improved performance. Any Trophy owners out there have a recommendation? Thanks in advance!

timjweidner

Recruit
At the boat ramp yesterday, a guy ran across the parking lot to tell me that he had the identical boat to mine and that I should do myself a favor and switch from the factory aluminum three blade prop to a stainless steel, four blade prop in 15 pitch from Proptech of Florida. At least I thought he said "Proptech," but I can't find a propeller maker in Florida by that name.

At any rate, the guy said that until he switched to the new stainless prop, he was really disappointed with the boat's performance under a load. It bogged down underway and was difficult or impossible to get up on plane. That's the same for my Trophy 1802 when I have a passenger or two on board.

So, I would be happy to invest in an expensive stainless prop if I could get at least one other recommendation from an owner of a Trophy 1802 with the Mercury 125 HP outboard who found a prop that they felt really improved performance. Any Trophy owners out there have a recommendation? Thanks in advance!
I see my post has a number of views, but no responses. No one with a Mercury 125 HP powered Trophy 1802 have a prop upgrade to recommend?