FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
i can get blemished optima's for pretty cheap but only in thr red or yellow, would one of these work ok as a second batt or a starter battery. o rshould i stick to a marine batt
I have seen reports that marine batteries differ by the color of the sticker. I don't know if it's true but I would not be surprised. Car batteries need to withstand highs temps, vibration, and a pretty good crash without losing the acid.
The yellow tops are better if you are getting them for the same price. You could use it as a second battery, I would personally stick to a marine battery(as hig a CCA as you can fit) for starting purposes, then switch over to the optima for running cd player, electronics, etc...