FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi. I have a 1995 Johnson 200 OceanRunner and the problems with the electrical system never stop. I'm looking at a 1998 Mercury 250 EFI at a very good price, so what do you think? I'm not familiar with Merc's, so I don't know...
They're good motors. To change brands, you need to change wiring harnesses, remote controls (at least the cables), and certain gauges. Matching gauges to original is frequently problematic.