Online dating

brother chris

Commander
Okay, how many of you have done the online dating thing? <br />And bring on the horror stories, if ya got em. <br /><br /><br />I recently met someone online and she did not have a picture on her profile. She told me the old "I want you get to know me first before I show you my picture" line. <br />OH HERE WE GO, I thought. <br />But I hung in there, being nice about it. <br />Then about a week or so later she emailed me a picture of herself and :eek: :eek: :eek: <br />She is drop dead gorgeous!!!<br />We met for a date last weekend and things went great. We are going out again this weekend. :D :D :D <br />I guess it paid off to be patient, although I will share some horror stories later on about some other encounters.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Online dating

Is there not women in Vancouver or just not women of your taste?<br /><br />Never could understand why someone would want to hook up with someone online when so many was right around them.<br /><br />Guess I am old school. :(

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Spinner.....you ever seen the women in Vancouver :D I'd look for women elsewhere too :D <br /><br />J/K Brother Chris....it's late and I can't sleep :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm serious KK, I always wondered why people did it.

brother chris

Commander

I am looking for a peticular kind of woman to hook up with. <br />Seems like it is easier(sometimes) to go online and meet women this way. <br />I am NOT into the bar scene and I do not want to meet people like that. I have had my share of that. <br />It seems like a desperate way to meet women, but not really. Sometimes people are nervous to talk to the opposite sex due to rejection. Of course there are many other reasons too. <br />You can be peticular about who you talk to as well, cause there are alot of weirdos out there.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I did it because most the single females that are my age in this areaa are either chemicaly dependant or need to be. I found that if they are single on the beach there is a reason. I found a great one 3 1/2 years ago that lives in venezuela, a few years older than I(2) and very nice. she has an MBA a ba in biology and is a certified public translator and is currently prepping for her test to become a legal translator.<br /> never married lives with her mother and no kids. found all that out about a six months after we started chatting. but its nice to have disscusions with someone of a different culture and someone that is not afraid to travel and have an opinion. my last marriege lasted 22 years, should haave never done it. but at 19 you dont notice that your "loved" one has serious mental issues. was only later I found them. and yes I have my share of internet dating horror stories. some were very nice and very attractive just not compatible. others were serious nut cases. took one out on a first date to find she had been married 5 times and had 4 kids by 3 different fathers and was 31 years old. the story was each husband had abused her so she left. set off all the alarms :) :) .took another out to a very nice place in wanchese for a dinner. dinners there typicaly set one back about 90 dollars. when she was done it looked like I had been feeding a 1 year old. it was so bad I left an extra 10 on the tip for cleaning. first and last date on that one :) .

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I did it for partly the same reasons as Rodbolt-most of the single women round here that go out and about are single for a good reason.<br />That and the pubs I drink in it's a bad idea to try and meet people. The Hells Angels frequent them.You never know who's toes you're stepping on and it can become somewhat painful when you find out.<br /><br />I'm getting married soon to a wonderful girl 10 years my junior who's educated and very clever who I met by off chance in a rock radio chatroom.<br />I suggested that we hooked up for a drink just for something to do when I was in her area and we haven't looked back since. He11, she's so wonderful it was even her idea that we get a bigger boat!<br /><br />I used a biker's site personal ads for about a year. I met a couple of complete bunny boilers that wouldn't leave me alone.<br />One of them nearly bankrupted herself ringing me on my cellphone for 5+ hours a day while I was at work. It got so bad it was interfering with my ability to do my job.Then she complained about her phone bill. <br />The other kept turning up uninvited and crying about what a b****d her ex was. <br /><br />I also met a couple of really nice girls.I'd still be with one of them but for a rather unfortunate allergy she had (to me!)<br />We're still in contact and really good friends.<br /><br />All in all it was quite a positive experience.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I guess most of you know my situation. Yes, we met over the world wide wait. We have similar interests and, interestingly, similar pasts. Which was really interesting for a couple of people from such vastly different political enviroments. Why did I look on the internet? Basically I had had enough of the attitude of 'western' women. The previous 3 girlfriends all tried the same thing. Get me nice and cosy and then try and change my lifestyle. Sorry girls, I like me just the way I am. Admittedly the previous 2 girlfriends were internet meets also. The problem with them was, well, them. Not the internet. Like rodbolt (and probably most of the people who use the internet dating thing), I'm not a pub/club person. Prefer to spend the money on fuel for the boat. :D I also found that chatting on the internet was a safe and easier way of finding out about a person before it all getts too involved and harder to 'back out'. <br /><br />Well, that's my opinion and like SL says, everybody's got one. ;) <br /><br />Chris..........

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Sometimes when your so busy raising children by yourself, one doesn't have time to go searching for a date.<br /><br />9 years ago before online dating, I used the dateline in the newspaper. It cost me about $300 bucks, but it was worth it. This July we will be celebrating our 8th anniversary. We have lots of things in common. Close to the same age, don't like squandering money, rather stay home to eat, and best of all we can talk things out. This was new to me due to the fact that my previous marriages it was nothing but scream at each other. I found out that this is NOT the way for a marriage to be. We both give to each other more than we demand or take from each other. <br /><br />Did have some crazy encounters with a few others that fell in love to quick and wanted ownership on me. Didn't like dat at all. The biker chick was fun, but too demanding, she didn't like my children. So it was fun convencing her it was over.<br /><br />Oh well, I'm happy now and loving it. I'm glad I did it. I agree about the bar scene. You don't know what your going to end up with if you date a bar fly. I don't want to be a crab fisherman if you know what I mean..... :D

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good for ya'll. I say find love where ya can. I also hate the bar/club sceen. In Minneapolis there's a lot of it, the problem is they were at the bar last weekend trolling and they'll be there next weekend trolling for someone else.<br />YUCK, there are some nasties out there.<br /><br />Luckily I am married, however I say GOOD FOR YOU GUY'S!!!!!!<br />Have a good weekend ya'll :D

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

Met Gerda on the net after I was divorced..got talking, phoning after 2 days and are living together now for 2 and a half years. Never regretted one minute!! It's a way of getting to know eachother somewhat better before coming face to face. After a week she asked me why I didn't ask for a picture. I told her she could surprise me now...with long red hair, green eyes, legs a mile long and a perfect behind. Got a humerous confession back....dark hair (colored to hide the grey), short legs and dimples on her behind!! Love those dimples :D :D .

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

All I can say is that it worked well for me. After my divorce I stayed single for 9 years. My wife and I met online, chatted fcr about 6 months, she flew here and stayed 3 months, I went to Greece and stayed 3 months. She got her affairs in order, moved here and we were married 5 years as of yesterday. I'll post a pic that was taken a couple of months ago.. I'm kinda proud of her. :) <br /><br />
Tina.jpg

K Hultgre

Petty Officer 1st Class

Posted by RB:<br />I did it because most the single females that are my age in this areaa are either chemicaly dependant or need to be
ROFLMAO :D :D

ae708

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks LF... I think so too. And try to let her know often.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Since we're showing off. :D :D :D <br /><br />We went north (900 miles) and played in the water a bit.<br /><br />
058041.JPG
<br /><br />Chris...........

eeboater

Commander

My mom is on Yahoo's dating thing. Yeah, I'll admit, I've gotten over the whole "my mom is going on dates" thing. It was weird at first.<br /><br />She says that there are occasionally scary people that send her messages. But just last Wednesday she had a date with a Cop in her area. She said he was a nice, respectable guy. So, it can work.<br /><br />Sean

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I know of two people who met online.<br /><br />One guy met his wife, rescued her and her kids and have been happy married for the past 8 years. This guy was always grumpy before marriage, now he is a nice family guy. She made him happy. He was married two times before, all ended in failure.<br /><br />Another guy met his wife to be on an online dating service. The will be married this October. He is very relgious and has ultra conservative views, and the online dating service matched him up to the perfect dame.<br /><br />Ken