One Rare but Two Rare beautys

dolluper

Captain
These pics were on a highway just north of Wisconsin near Marenisco MI Two rare White Moose you have to see ....first one appeared then the second one great nature boy...enjoy I did...double click pics to enlarge

Attachments

• White Moose.jpg
    White Moose.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 0
  • 2 white Moose.jpg
    2 white Moose.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Double Moose.jpg
    Double Moose.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 0

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: One Rare but Two Rare beautys

Purty cool.....wonder if they taste the same? :D

<<)))(((>>

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral

When they were sent to me the first time, by e-mail in 2007, they were "taken in Northern Ontario".
I got them another time, supposedly "taken in New Brunswick".

Those two moose are really getting around....;)

Fly Rod

Commander

That is very rare to see two albinos let alone one in the wild.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

When they were sent to me the first time, by e-mail in 2007, they were "taken in Northern Ontario".

Dolluper is this another practical joke from your cousin? :D

tallcanadian

Captain

When they were emailed to me last year it said Newfoundland. Then when I got them again in the spring, it said Alberta. :rolleyes:

dolluper

Captain

Humm couisin again...he doesn't know that I know about the first time....it's in my back pocket .....but this time he's getting an rrrr's kicking

CR CRUISER

Seaman

I'll see your white moose and raise you a pair of albino elk.

White_Elk_1.jpg
[/IMG]

bkwapisz

Chief Petty Officer

Call.

Attachments

• albinoelephant.jpg
    albinoelephant.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 0

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Okay I'm in..... :D

IMG_0241.jpg

Kiwi Phil

Commander

OK, here is my contribution.

There is a town, Tatiara in South Australia, that had one albino skippy come to town many many years ago, and there is now a whole town full of them.
Become a tourist attraction.

http://www.tatiara.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=337

whiteKangaroo.jpg

(Took this shot of the net though)

Cheers
Phillip

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

And of course on our evening news there was a video of a white tail buck that is albino

Albino deer talk of the town
Grand Isle, Vermont - November 4, 2010

An albino moose shot in the Northeast Kingdom last month garnered a lot of attention, and now a deer in the Champlain Islands is doing the same.

Grand Isle is typical small town Vermont. There aren't many homes or people and everybody knows everybody. And when someone new moves to town -- well, let's just say he tends to stand out like a sore thumb. "He's pretty well known. He's a celebrity, he is, Yep," said local resident Cathy Dubuque, referring to Edgert, the town's albino deer. " He goes by a couple of different names," Dubuque added.

Neighbors think the white deer was born this past June. He does have a few brown spots, which means he is not a true albino. But regardless -- there aren't many deer like him in Vermont -- 0nly one in about every 30-thousand deer is a true albino. "It's just gorgeous. How could you not want to look at that?" Dubuque said.

Not only has the deer become the talk of the town, it's also become the talk of the school, where it's now a part of the science curriculum. Joe Sacca teaches ecology and genetics at Grand Isle Middle School and he says the deer is the third albino he's heard of on the islands in his 22 years as a teacher. "They're probably more isolated than other areas of the state, so it very well could be if there's not exchange with genes from New York or the Vermont mainland, that over the years the population is becoming more similar," he said.

Area residents say the deer is something special, which is why they're worried about the young buck's future. Albino's can be hunted, although young bucks that have less than two points cannot. But in this case, it's difficult to tell the deer is even a buck. Some residents say there's no sport in killing an animal that is white or any other color, and that's why they are keeping their fingers crossed during the upcoming hunting season just around the corner.

This coming weekend is Vermont Youth Deer Hunting Weekend and any deer can be shot -- regardless of the number of antlers.

Keagan Harsha - WCAX News

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Here's my queen of hearts. Good thing were not betting $$$. :D

Attachments

• 09-06-1095164G.JPG
    09-06-1095164G.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 0