One More Shot

gonfishn

Commander
Headn up to the Homestead this Sunday..Sold a parcel of my lake shore property and after closing Neaumanns and I are going to fish Leech Lake in Walker or Elk Lake in Itasca State park..<br /><br />Its been so long on a Musky rip i forgot how it feels to see your line zing out after a hit..<br /><br />Only been out a few times this year.Guess it goes with the territory when starting a new business

gonfishn

Commander
Re: One More Shot

Can tell you are a gator hunter CA..lol..I got it so bad my My Plates say it all..<br /><br />
esox1.jpg

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

What time we gonna meet...And who say's it's either one lake or the other...Maybe both. I'm trying to talk my uncle into comming with us if he can get away.

gonfishn

Commander

At least the 13th John..Figure to meet ya at O dark thirty on Leech..Can do both iffen your politicians have decided to get your budget in order..Other days depending how lenient your wife is ...heh heh <br /><br />The more the merrier..Might want to warn him that we have a curse upon us when we fish together.. :D :eek:

CATransplant

Admiral

Nah...I don't purposely chase Esox. I don't get enough fishing days in to devote them to that elusive prey.<br /><br />However, I always have a 12" wire leader on when I'm fishing for bass in lakes that harbor the great gators. Big Northerns, too, are always a nice surprise while bass fishing.<br /><br />I've hooked a couple of medium-sized muskies already this year, and that's in lakes in the East Metro area. It's amazing how many of these smaller lakes have some Muskies in them.<br /><br />It never does to not take precautions. I'd hate not to be able to land a nice muskie, should one happen on a big spinnerbait, as sometimes occurs. Besides, I hate losing spinnerbaits.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Six O clock it is...City ramp, that way he will have a little time to get to my place if he comes.<br /><br />I figure the hex must be on me...you occasionally catch one when I'm not around. Someday dangit...is the 13th somday???