OMG, Kidney Stones!!!

LubeDude

Admiral
Well, I now know what they say about passing kidney stones is absolutly true. <br /><br />Started about 4 PM last night, and lasted untill about 9 PM. Went to the hospital, 30 minutes away. waited 20 Min. to get help, while a person with a headache, and another with a runny nose went first. One was a hispanic, thats another story for another time.<br /><br />Pain, OMG, Ive never felt anything like it. I was literally on my knees, on the floor, and everywhere in between.<br /><br /><br />Well, Its all over but the blood in the urine, and the pain associated with that, Hope I dont "EVER" have to go through that again.

Pascal

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: OMG, Kidney Stones!!!

You poor guy Lubedude!!! <br /><br />been there.... done that.... twice!!!!!don't even want to look at the T-shirt.<br /><br />First time, I was walking down the hall at home and the next second I was curled up in a little ball on the floor in the den. It hit so fast..... :eek: :eek: :eek: <br /><br />They say that kidney stones are the only thing more painfull than childbirth..... Wouldn't know first hand but thats what the DR and nurses said.<br /><br />Morphine is WONDERFULL stuff!!!!! :D :cool: Best sleep I ever had!!!<br /><br />Glad your over the worst and hope it never returns.<br /><br />JD

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Went thru that a couple of times myself. That experience is proof that you should't keep your pistol and ammunition in the same room. You have my sympathy.

Homerr

Commander

Guilty as charged.<br /><br />Happened to me while I pulled into work.<br />Thought I was going to die.<br /><br />Similar situation when I got to the ER. They didn't help me for God knows how long. Finally somebody showed up with a syringe of feel-good medicine :) <br /><br />Mine didn't pass on it's own, too big. <br />I had to wait for 2 weeks until the 'truck' that had the kidney blaster on it,(ESWL,)came to town. We didn't' have a permanent machine in our hospital back then.<br />The only other option was to manually go through "Mr. Happy" and try and drag it out... NOT! :eek: <br /><br />I had mine blasted apart (shock wave). I felt pretty good after it was done... until I woke up and the sedative wore off. Then it felt like I've been worked over with a baseball bat.<br /><br />I got sick on morphine, hated the stuff.<br /><br />I can't even describe the pain. Brought you to tears every time the stone moved.<br /><br />Pray to God it never happens again. <br />You're lucky it passed on it's own!<br /><br />H.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Ouch, LubeDude. What did the hospital do for you or did they just pass by themselves?

ebbtide176

Commander

ha, i've heard the story, my BIL had 3. <br /><br />he says the same thing. thank goodness i wasn't around when he had them. oh yeah, my wife had one, and i was thinking she was faking it. how could something in your urine tract be that bad? i finally realized it wasn't a minor event... when i had to take her to the emergency room and call her MD. man i'm glad i am not in your graduating class...

LubeDude

Admiral

Thanks for the sympathy, The Doctor I had was wonderful, and a real card. He said it was like a basketball wound with barbed wire being pushed through a garden hose. I said, "Are you sure its as big as a garden hose"?<br /><br />Yes its amazing how something not much bigger than the head of a pencil can cause so much pain.<br /><br />I had just taken a nap as I have been fighting a cold, and when I woke up I had a little pain in my side. I think that is what woke me up. I got up and before I could make it to the front room where my wife was, I was on the floor screaming. I knew what it was imeadiatly, as it couldnt have been anything else. She called the hospital and told them I was coming, but it didnt do any good, there isnt any sympathy at the hospital.<br /><br />Things are gradually getting better, Im sure I will be OK to Stuff myself for Thanksgiving. I surly have something to be thankfull for this year.

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

I heard somewhere that synthetic oil was the product to slick up anything that caused a little friction. :D <br /><br />Couldn't resist LD. I do offer my sympathy! <br /><br />Never had the experience and don't want to!! Been through it vicariously with a couple of friends -- I think your Doc had about as good a description as any I've heard. Always puzzled me too how such a little thing caused such pain. Glad your recovering nicly. Have a little of that Turkey for me! We had Thanksgiving up here last month -- been complaining it wasn't the 'real' Thanksgiving; but, looks like regular dinner for me again this Thanksgiving. Get the real deal every other year when we go south to spend it with kids. Christmas south this year.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Wife had the same problem few years ago. Took her to emergency not knowing for sure the problem. Finished paperwork, she walks by me and says lets go! Huh??? Passed the stone in the restroom. The bloody hospital sent a bill for ER Services?? They recanted after a dozen letters and visits.

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />Been there - done that - 3 times. My wife didn't seem to have as much pain when our daughter was born.<br /><br />4th stone had to be removed - 28 inch scar to show for that surgery.<br /><br />Best of luck in to future and pray that you, me and others have NO MORE stones, that is unless they are the "Rolling Stones"!!!!

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by Jim in Orlando:<br />4th stone had to be removed - 28 inch scar to show for that surgery.
Jim, that wasn't a stone, that was a boulder. :eek: <br /><br />I just went through this a month ago while on a road trip to see my Dad in Tennessee. I can honestly say that it IS as painful as childbirth. And, I understand that its even more painful for men.<br /><br />The worst for me was the extreme pressure. I felt like I could pressure wash a house, but nada. That lasted 2 days. My Dad took me to the ER where I spent the better part of the day having blood and urine work, cat scan, MRI, etc. On top of the stones the doc said I had a 'rip roarin' kidney infection. VERY painful stuff.<br /><br />Stay away from caffeine LD, its one of the causes. And, no matter how good you feel, take ALL of those antibiotics.<br /><br />Glad you passed them and feel better. :)

oddjob

Commander

My coke-a-holic friend quit cold turkey at the docters advisement. We were at a golf tournament when it happened to him. He could only talk to me in a faint whisper. Terrible ordeal. I pray it never happens to me.

eeboater

Commander

So, caffeine is what causes them? I'm 25 and I'll be damned if I'm going to willingly put myself through that! I hate to say it but I'm a Pepsi addict, and I will quit (or switch to caffeine free) if that is the case.<br /><br />Sean

SoulWinner

Commander

Ouch!! Never happened to me and I pray it never does. I drink about a gallon of water a day and only drink soda when I eat, so maybe I am safe.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Jim in orlando.<br />I had the same.never measured my scar but it goes from my naval to my spine.The stone they took out wouldnt make a decent pinkie ring.high cut caused my lung to collapse the next day.Thats another story.Wouldnt wish it on anyone.

oddjob

Commander

eeboater <br /><br />It could be the caffine or the carbonation, I dont think there really sure. It also depend on lots of other variables too. He switched to sprite at first and now he drinks Crystel light.he,he.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hey LD, Glad to hear that you came out of such a painful ordeal in shipshape, nasty things them kidney stones.

LadyFish

Admiral

OMG LD....... NO ANTIBIOTICS?????
15.gif
<br /><br />Just messin with ya. Apparently you did not have a <br />kidney infection on top of having the stones. Lucky<br /> you. Now I don't feel as sorry for you as I did <br />before. ;) :p