OMC VRO- Disconnect?

jeffwade

Recruit
I have a 1990 70HP Evinrude VRO. I already know that I want to disconnect this system. Can someone guide me through the proper procedures for this. Thanks

Fitch

Seaman Apprentice
Re: OMC VRO- Disconnect?

Disconnect the oil line going to the VRO pump and cap it off. Next disconnect the electrical connection coming from the VRO. Next besure to run 50:1 mixed gas.

jeffwade

Recruit

FITCH, A dealer at the Kansas City Sports Show told me it is not necessary to change fuel pumps, after I disconnect the VRO. If you call any shop they will tell you otherwise, and try to get you in to sell you a new fuel pump. The dealer said the original pump that came with the system is of higher quality, and would work just fine. Do you agree with this? Also, what would you use to cap the lines? Can you buy fittings for this?<br /><br />Thanks

Frankies Marine

Seaman Apprentice

Just cap with short peice of hose with bolt in the end, or go to the parts store and get a vac***e cap, the old fuel pump work just fine, i do it all the time, every week, Let me know if i can be of more help, Frankie's Marine<br />918-786-8180<br />E-Mail fmrs@greencis.net