OMC Thermostat housing/thermostat replacement

[OBC]Patch

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
45
001.jpg88 bayliner capri, 5.7, cobra. The engine thermostat is deep inside the thermostat housing, and it appears inaccesible. How do I replace it?

thanks.
Patch
 

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Nov 10, 2002
Messages
14,483
Re: OMC Thermostat housing/thermostat replacement

dig out the rust and you will find a rubber ring holding the thermo in place...it fits into a groove in the thermo housing, pry it out with a small screwdriver....spray that mess with PB Blaster or Kroil and let it sit for a while first.....salt water eh?
 

Summer Fun

Banned
Joined
Mar 2, 2002
Messages
2,251
Re: OMC Thermostat housing/thermostat replacement

Throw that housing in the trash !!. :eek: and get a new one. :)
 

[OBC]Patch

Seaman Apprentice
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 6, 2010
Messages
45
Re: OMC Thermostat housing/thermostat replacement

ok, I'll dig for the O ring like I know what I'm doing..;) Then I'll dip it in acid, repaint it and spend the $100 on gas! :D
Thanks!
 
Top