OMC specialty products for carb rebuilds?

ShoestringMariner

Lieutenant Commander
Hey guys I am rebuilding a set of 1995 Evinrude 50 hp carburetors. Just a few questions.
With OMC being gone by way of the Dodo, does anybody know equivalent for specific OMC specialty products? It is important that these are easy to find over the counter solutions. I need to transport this boat this weekend to its summer home. I don’t have time for two weeks worth of Amazon/EBay deliveries.

Such as their OMC carburetter and choke cleaner? - can I use any generic carb cleaner?
Also;

OMC orifice driver PN317002 - will a snug fitting screwdriver not suffice or is there a special trick to this?
OMC ultra lock

OMC part number 324891 float level gauge - surely I can measure this with a machinist steel rule?

OMC locquic primer - is this just a Loctite style primer?
OMC screw lock - I’m assuming Loctite will be fine for this?

Thanks in advance!

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well OMC ceased to exist 20 years ago. But I believe that you mean Bombardier dropped the Evinrude name. But Bombardier still has parts for some stuff.

But yea for all your suggestions will work. Screw drivers that fit an orfice tight or custom ground will work. Whatever pair or primer that you would use on an aluminum surface for like lower unit. For OMC sealer you can use loctite aviation sealer. There is substitutes. A carb ruler ,just a tiny little ruler works.

This type stuff happens even with companies still in business. They no longer make special Ford or GM tools for cars that haven't been in production for a decade or two. There is often ways to work around. Not as quick and easy but workable.