I have a mid 70's outdrive. I need to replace the upper housing because the tilt gear broke off. this attaced to a GM straight 6 engine of the same era. Is there a difference in Cobra outdrives and the older one I have?
bob
bob
I am open to suggestions.
Ayuh,... 1st off,... There ain't no Easy answers....
If you truely Love the Hull,....
Go buy a Donor boat with the driveline you'd like to have,...
Gut it,... And,.. Gut your boat of All the driveline...
Then refit the donor driveline to the hull you Love....
I've done several,+ have several more in various stages of the refits....
Only Bond-o can reply.
Makes no sense to go from a 6 to a 4.
If the six is in there stay with it different gearing.
4 in there stay with a 4.
it is a mid 70s 24' Crestliner Nordsman II.
Maybe I am asking out of curiosity, but Bond-O, what have you seen that were the best swaps? the 4 cyl mercs? seems going from a L6 to L4 would be more in line (?) no pun intended, but funny nonetheless!
So are you guys saying I can use the L 6 GM which is running good, and put a different outdrive on that?
bob