OMC King Cobra Shifting problem

bigbluewildcat77

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
5
I have a 91 Chris Craft with a King Cobra 454 engine. I recently replaced the shift interupter switch but now I am having trouble shifting from forward to neutral and reverse. I can usually get it to shift into neutral but when I shift into reverse the engine dies. It will sometimes die when shifting into neutral. Is there somewhere I can adjust the shifting or does anyone have any other suggestions???
 

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
Aug 31, 2004
Messages
62,321
Re: OMC King Cobra Shifting problem

Let's start from the beginning. WHY did you replace the shift interrupt switch. What was the original problem.
 

bigbluewildcat77

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jun 11, 2009
Messages
5
Re: OMC King Cobra Shifting problem

Replaced because would not start. I think it is called the shift interupter switch, it is the one in the control gear shifter.
 
Top