OMC guys check out the merc forum... I don't want to miss out on half the exper

MercMark

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm concerned that I'm missing out on half(or more) of the excellent knowledge out there.<br /><br />I need to know if I need to buy new pistons<br />but I should only really direct you to my topic in the merc forum.<br /> http://www.geocities.com/mercfix <br /><br />if you click on the thumbnails the images are large... dial up users beware.<br /><br />Sorry that this is kind of a double post. But it's supposed to be about encouraging (well begging really) the experts to review topics outside of their specialty.

clanton

Rear Admiral
Re: OMC guys check out the merc forum... I don't want to miss out on half the e

Piston 1 and 2 dont look so good. The Merc manual has a piston inspection chapter.

MercMark

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've got the serloc manual.<br /><br />It doesnt' mention what the top of the piston should look like. Or if it matters. It only mentions checking for taper and round with a micrometer.<br /><br />The other crappy thing is, it metnions once as a side note in another section ...if you are using a broken ring to clean the ring grooves be careful to....then in the ring servicing section it doesn't list anything about this method.

MercMark

Petty Officer 2nd Class

BTW, if anyone was thinking that the title of the thread doesn't make any sense here, they moved it on me.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There was no need for this thread at all, Mark. It just clutters and slows down the site.<br /><br />Merc problems go in the Merc Forum. It was moved as a courtesy rather than deleted.<br /><br />Helpers that know anything about Mercs will come here as well as any other Forum where they can help.<br /><br />Thanks for your cooperation. :)