OMC cobra ESA module

cooter2506

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Father in law has a 1988 OMC 4.3 wants to switch to Pertronics Ignition. I know it needs to have the new ESA module that will work with electronic ignition. I have looked for the part number but can not find it. Can anyone tell me the number?

cooter2506

Re: OMC cobra ESA module

I think I found it part number 123-9898-P. Can anyone verify this?

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Do you have a local Bombardier dealer? You can ask the parts guy and he'll just look it up.

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Bombardier owns the parts and rights to the OMC brand name. Their parts guys can look up any OMC part number and order it (except for the trim sender).

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I guess Danond knows more than me about this but don't believe there is an OMC ESA that works directly with the Pertronix. The CDI one does however and that part number you have is the correct one.

danond

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anyway, you can also make a simple circuit on a little breadboard if you have some soldering skills and about $4 in parts. The diagram is on the Pertronix website. That's what I did, my original ESA and other stuff worked fine and it was actually kinda fun to build.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Anyway, you can also make a simple circuit on a little breadboard if you have some soldering skills and about $4 in parts. The diagram is on the Pertronix website. That's what I did, my original ESA and other stuff worked fine and it was actually kinda fun to build.
2 words to say about the Pertronix mod to use the original ESA....Mickey...Mouse.

cooter2506

Yeah I saw the diagram and it is a rig job. Too many connections to go bad. Thanks Bruce I will order the module and pertonixs kit.