Omc cobra 5.0 Ford exaust flappers. Yeah or nay

dodge1971340

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I was looking at a prev post and Don s. showed a pic of a volvo doing away with them (exaust Flappers) they do not work. can i do the same for my 1992 omc cobra 5.0 ford i have the motor out at this time and they need replaced (Trashed) and it would be alot easyr while its out. Thanks and God bless!! Dodge

dodge1971340

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Omc cobra 5.0 Ford exaust flappers. Yeah or nay

Hi any input Greatly apprechiated Please and thank you!! Dodge

dodge1971340

Petty Officer 3rd Class

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: Don S. are you out there?? Dodge

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

I don't think anyone is going to advise you not to put them in because if you do have a water ingestion problem that causes hydrolock and damage guess who you will be pointing the finger at. If you don't want to put them in that's your choice but personally I would do it just for peace of mind.

dodge1971340

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks Bob! ;) Thats what i fig.. Yes i want to be safe after all this $$$$$ for a rebuild because of a rizer faler and water setting in the motor for over year :eek: Thanks again and God bless!! ;) Dodge

lilmandavis

Chief Petty Officer

you dont have to put them in!! wht not have it hydro lock on ya?!! they have float tubes you can install instead of flappers but thier about 6 hundred for both sides. no water will ever get past those. thats what i would do then your flappers wont break and get clogged up. but something needs to be there to prevent water from gettin where it shouldnt be.

calwldlif

Petty Officer 1st Class

Boatin Bob said what I was thinking.