old motors must go

JRJ

Commander
Re: old motors must go

I don't think they will fit in my mail box:%

rosco_59

Petty Officer 1st Class

No one was as you said soliciting on this board. I did not as for nothing for them, they were free to anyone who wanted to pay the shipping. But you guy's always look at things the wrong way. I do not care one way or the other, I will just junk them then. Thanks for the help!!!!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

roscoe put them on ebay as parts motors.

JB

Offering to buy, sell or giveaway or asking for donations are all soliciting, rosco. Sorry, but that is the rule.

Allowing harmless offers like yours would open the door to offers that would interfere with iboats interests as a marine retailer.

Thanks for your understanding. :)

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

I sure wish they would have a "Freebies" catagory here. There have been alot of folks over the years that have been willing to share what they have with others out of kindness. Seems a shame to waste something that someone else may really need or enjoy. But rules are rules and I can see where it would interfere with the forums. Can't see it hurting the iboats pocketbook, though...

JB

We used to have a "Thrifties" section and a "Wanted" section, I'm sure you remember, Rick.

A few people used the Thrifties to give away stuff if the recipient paid the $5 fee and shipping, but then it just petered out. Nobody used it anymore so it was dropped.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The Thrifties section is still there.
Click "boat classifieds" at the top of the page, then scroll down to the bottom, on the left.

Hasn't been anything new added there in a long long time, but I still check it, hoping to find a lost treasure.

http://www.iboats.com/boats/marine--1/thrifties--107/

I too will have 5 (or more) motors to sell, in spring. But none that I am willing to sell at the the $350 thrifties limit.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Ebay, Craigslist, Freecycle.org, front yard with free sign on it.........but not on someone else's site, that makes a living selling parts...