Old Man Playing PinBall on the Ramp- I get wet

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer
I went to the Lake last week and I was walking back after putting boat into water.. This old man pulls in with his boat. I noticed the For Sale sign on it. I asked him how much. It was $2200 and way to much. The boat was slightly trashed and I saw wires here and there. The motor was just a 25hp 2-stroke kicker motor. Anyway I am getting my boat ready and hanging out on the dock fixing some poles up. Here he comes. Backing down the ramp. He gets high sided at the slope and almost takes out the post where the walkway starts. He then starts all over and starts down a 2 car ramp. It was so funny to watch. He ping ponged off each side of the ramp.. Rode the walkway a few feet and jacked knifed the trailor into the dock right next the ramp. So he gets his boat and trys to walk it on. I realize watching him he doesn't want to get wet. You how I know this.. Becuase he ask me to help him after he got the boat stuck on the rollers.. Ya, I got wet clear up to the waist.. Anyway he gets into the car and wants to put the trailor deeper in the water.. I looked up just intime to see his motor in the dock getting a wedgey. I stopped him just intime.. Anyway I had to walk the boat off the trailor and start all over again. I realized once the boat is lined up on rollers the boat just goes on really easy.. We talked a little and I get a thank you. I asked him why he was selling the boat and he replied he was 84 years old and retiring.. I would of maybe guessed 75...

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Old Man Playing PinBall on the Ramp- I get wet

Endearing!!! Hope I can still do that pinball 25 yrs from now. Nice story, Barbara.