FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
hey everyone i just picked up an old evinrude lightwin ser # 3012 48689 can anyone tell me how many hp and what year this is I plan to use it in a 12.6 ft portabote will this combo work thanks for any help paul katman3262@aol.com
A model 3012 is a 3 HP was made sometime in 1952-54.
Use somewhere between a 20:1 and 16:1 fuelil mix ratio; TCW-3 outboard motor oil. It will work fine on your little boat.
Ok so I removed the carb and cleaned it, I was realy suprised at how clean it was under the covers.I put new plugs and fresh fuel in it. She poped on the first pull and started on the 2nd I ran it for about 15 mins at various speeds with no problems. I cant wait to take her out.