old compaq presario

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
640
question would anyone know why my monitor goes out when on the computer, it can be a short while after going online the screen goes black, after shut down screen comes back on but i canot close down computer properly. need new monitor? had the hard drive cleared out a few weeks ago the computer works fine its just the screen goes blank at any given time, any help thanks
 

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,856
Re: old compaq presario

video drivers? what os is loaded?<br /><br />I sense a video driver conflict for example.<br /><br />Pat
 

jajeeper

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Joined
Jul 11, 2004
Messages
99
Re: old compaq presario

I would borrow a monitor from someone for a day or two to confirm that it is your monitor. That is what it sounds like to me.
 

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
640
Re: old compaq presario

thanks for reply will try that!
 

Homerr

Commander
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Messages
2,295
Re: old compaq presario

How about using it as a boat anchor?<br /><br />LOL!!<br /><br />I've owned a few Presarios... Lemme know if you need a part or two... I may have something for you.<br /><br />I can't bash Compaq too much, as the ones I've owned (prior to building my own) worked fairly well.<br /><br />Make sure you give all the information you can on your problem. There's quite a few computer-techno-nerds out here that would be glad to help.<br /><br />H.
 

Johnson110

Chief Petty Officer
Thread starter
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
640
Re: old compaq presario

got another monitor and everything seems to be ok! guess its time to go out on boat again! thanks for replys
 
Top