Old Chrysler Magneto Ignition coils. WTB?

kevinelt

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
25
Are there any magneto type ignition coils still available? 1968 Chrysler 55hp model 55731. Where can I get new ones?
 

tater76

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
May 7, 2010
Messages
712
Re: Old Chrysler Magneto Ignition coils. WTB?

Franz at franzmarine@aol might have a few. I may too, I will have to look though. What makes you think they are bad?
 

kevinelt

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 1, 2010
Messages
25
Re: Old Chrysler Magneto Ignition coils. WTB?

I know at least one is good #1 is not firing I like to replace everything under flywheel if possible.Probably only need tune up kit points and such. Replacing everything ensures a good running motor
 

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
12,004
Re: Old Chrysler Magneto Ignition coils. WTB?

Standard magneto in Chicago. Give them the number cast into the carrier plate and they will tell you what you need.
 
Top