Old Boat Collection.....Unintended!

lakshmi369

Seaman Apprentice
I started with my own boat project a little over a year ago. A very nice yet challenging 1963 Hydroswift I got out of a field! Almost done with it.

In the process of completing my restore project I needed a trailer. Found a real nice heavy duty trailer but the owner made me take the 70's Bayliner with the rotted out transom with the trailer. Well I was able to "donate" the boat to my mechanic who has his own boneyard out in the boonies.

Next I needed a motor and better steering gear.....again another boat and trailer came with it. I was able to trade out some mechanical work on my keeper trailer for the remains on that one.

This Fall in search of parts I ended up with, you guessed it, another boat which was a ratted out 1961 Silverline. Well the hull is not salvageable for this one so I am salvaging all the parts I can for the secondary market (I am sure my neighbors adore me by now...Hahaha).

I was wondering if other people doing restoration have this boat problem with them unintentionally multiplying like rabbits???:lol:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Re: Old Boat Collection.....Unintended!

My collection seems to be with outboard engines. At 5, all running but one.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Old Boat Collection.....Unintended!

To me, old boats are like beautiful women--or better yet, mythical sirens: They call to me "Frank, Frankie baby, Hey big boy: We can have fun together. I'm cheap and easy and the best ride you will ever have. Come, take me home." And I do.

Currently I have five, four running, and one "James Bond" GT150 slated for restoration. I did have more but made a concerted effort to reduce my "lovers"

And let's not talk about the 20 or so engines I have.

Last edited: