Ok guys I need some help.

SigSaurP229

Commander
Most of you have seen my restoration thread, I am freaking stumped.

I really need some pics of the stern area before teardown of your starcraft supersport.

Mine is different than most others I have seen as I have the wider splashwell and the only threads I have seen are after they have already been torn apart.

I have rebuilt the seats and such but I am just stumped as there is just to much dead space at this point. Mine was to rotted out to be able to even come close to having a template.

Any pics of the wide splashwell on an SS180 SS18 with an outboard and the jumpseats in would be awesome.

Thank you all so much.

I've googled, gone through the resto threads, and the brochures and now I am putting the call to arms out.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: Ok guys I need some help.

I didn't see a year, do you know what year SS18 OB?

SigSaurP229

Commander

You are correct JB I hadn't yet posted one as I was trying to make sure I was correct, she is a 1985 with hin STRP5970d585

SigSaurP229

Commander

Ga that is closer than anything else I have seen up until this point. However there is no where for the jump seats to rivet to the hull. The use furniture nuts to bolt to the floor and hinge so that they fold forward.
As you can see here mine has a glove box in the center.
20130224_105015_zps92492483.jpg

The back is basically divided into three sections, about 16 inches on each side and the center being the widest the dilema I am running into is that the seats which were most certainly factory are only 10 inches wide at the widest. This is going to leave huge gaps and in my mind just won't look right.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Look towards the end of the thread. He has the jump seat metal painted and installed. Going back in time, rrumba has all the pieces out and being painted.

Also the seat bottom is attached to the side panels. And the backs are tied to the panel that goes from the splashwell to the sides. I cannot remember the name for that panel. :embarassed:

SigSaurP229

Commander

North Beach that is exactly what I was looking for. It shows the seats as much wider than what I pulled out. Do you know what year that brochure is from? It is amazing how different the 16 and 18 supersport are, 16 foot narrow transom 18 wide transom, the bow pieces are different. What I find really amazing in that brochure is the main picture with the stern of an 18 but the bow of a 16

GA_Boater

I think North Beach has a secret stash of brochures. :D I can't find that pic in the brochure stickies.

EDIT - Or any with that type of side stripe, either.

SigSaurP229

Commander

his brochure is from 1986 and that is most certainly not in the 1986 brochure in the stickies but is awesome info.

North Beach

Commander

Sig it's from the 86 brochure and you guys are right. I have a fairly large pile of brochures here....

GA_Boater

Sig it's from the 86 brochure and you guys are right. I have a fairly large pile of brochures here....

So you're holdin' out on us, NB. :D A quick question. Did SC have model brochures in some years? In the stickies there is a large all model brochure and then a Jet/Jet Star specific brochure - I think it's in the late 60's. Maybe it was a one off.

I'm glad you have a stash or so many queries would go unanswered as in Sig's quest for info. Thanks, North.

North Beach

Commander

GA,
If you read the thread about how the SC forums took off you'll see that there was a time when most of the "What do I have" questions went unanswered for the most part. This was due to a serious lack of info out there. When I started working on the LL I also began a daily search on ebay for brochures and started tryint to peice together the 60's. I was also able to get a few from the 70's and 80's. Around the same time HA started the brochures thread and other folks started finding stuff and sharing it.
The only down side to that is we also downloaded some stuff from other sites. Some of this material is mislabeled. Some pages are missing, and sometime in the 70's starcraft started doing weird stuff with the brochures like just doing a Runabouts Brochure or just doing a Fishing Boats Brochure. They also started making the brochures more of a Sales thing and started publishing less technical info.

So I have most of the 60's some of the 70's and a couple of the 80's. After that things got way too complicated to follow just by the brochures so I very seldom chime in.

I can say that if Starcraft made it in the 60's or most of the first half of the 70's I can nail it down with what I have here and I try to help whenever I can.

64osby

Admiral

And you do a great job helping out.:D:cool:

GA_Boater

I can say that if Starcraft made it in the 60's or most of the first half of the 70's I can nail it down with what I have here and I try to help whenever I can.

I'll say the SC forums took off. And I do appreciate you helping out. I prowl through the brochures trying to answer some of the "What do I have" questions with great difficulty. A lot of times because scans didn't come out clear and are hard to read. Especially some of the charts with the specs - whew! It's good that you can look at a readable document and translate. Thanks tons, North. :thumb:

North Beach

Commander

Guys I received a lot of help from the folks here when I needed it so I try to pay it foreward....