Oil injection ports dt65

3ric

Seaman
Hello all. I have a 1985 dt65. I am trying to get my oil injections system up to snuff. I just can’t seem to get oil to the connection ports consistently. Each line seems to get oil at a different rate. The pump appears to be pumping and it does not appear worn on any of its internal parts. When I replaced the hoses, I tried to make sure all the check valves were clear with compressed air. They seemed to be, but I couldn’t really check the three way check valves on the block because the air would just go into the block and not out the end that leads to the intake manifold.

Q1: I have not been able to find replacements for the ports on the block. Are these available for purchase? If so, how to I get them out and put the new ones in? They just seem pressed in.

Q2: if the check valves are rated for 2 psi, am I damaging them by blowing 100 psi through them? They still seem to stop reverse air flow at 100 psi

ct1762@gmail.com

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hello all. I have a 1985 dt65. I am trying to get my oil injections system up to snuff. I just can’t seem to get oil to the connection ports consistently. Each line seems to get oil at a different rate. The pump appears to be pumping and it does not appear worn on any of its internal parts. When I replaced the hoses, I tried to make sure all the check valves were clear with compressed air. They seemed to be, but I couldn’t really check the three way check valves on the block because the air would just go into the block and not out the end that leads to the intake manifold.

Q1: I have not been able to find replacements for the ports on the block. Are these available for purchase? If so, how to I get them out and put the new ones in? They just seem pressed in.

Q2: if the check valves are rated for 2 psi, am I damaging them by blowing 100 psi through them? They still seem to stop reverse air flow at 100 psi
i'd drain the carbs and fuel lines and do a 50:1 premix. run motor normally and see if it bleeds itself.

3ric

Seaman
i'd drain the carbs and fuel lines and do a 50:1 premix. run motor normally and see if it bleeds itself.
As it has been winter, I hadn’t had a chance until now to really run the motor enough to say with certainty that it did not bleed itself. However, this weekend, I put it through the paces. I ran a 50:1 mix and the oil made it to the impulse ports on the crankcase and maybe a little drizzle past, but for the most part just stops at the impulse check valves.
Any idea why the oil stops there? It surely needs to continue past to the intake, yes?
I don’t know if it’s related, but it runs pretty rough especially on the low end. But seems to run well at high rpm. Could just need the carbs tuned and synced, I haven’t done that yet. I was waiting until I had the oil issue resolved