FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1992 40 h.p 2-stroke Yamaha jetdrive. It will not run at full throttle, 75% max. Squeezing fuel buld or choking does not increase revs. I'm thinking the oil injection sending unit is faulty. Any thoughts on this?
I really doubt it, dg.<br /><br />If your oiling failed your engine would soon follow it.<br /><br />You have some other cause. Maybe throttle linkage, ignition timing synchronization, faulty tach.<br /><br />Good luck.
I thought the engine was designed to derease the revs if the oil supply was low. I was thinking if it was a faulty signal or possible short it would cause the decrease. I'll check out your suggestions and let you know. Many thanks for your help.<br />dg