oil alarm sounding off

james williams

Petty Officer 2nd Class
This is the J150glsrm that I rebuilt a couple months ago.It has run good until yesterday. My Nephew had it out today.The oil alarm went off and it ran out of gas,the bulb was tight. TO get it to run you can keep the bulb pumped up and it will run.And yes he put new bulb on this morning and it did,nt help.I would say its the fuel pump but would that make the oil alarm go off or would the oil alarm going off shut off the fuel pump?Did it yesterday.He said he kept the bulb pumped up and then the oiler alarm went off.Just before I rebuilt the motor some mechanic put a new fuel pump on. thanks

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: oil alarm sounding off

are you sure it was the oil alarm, there is also a fuel restriction alarm.

J/E Alarms

low oil alarm is a beep every 30 seconds. beep......................beep...................

no oil alarm is a beep every 1/2 second or so.beep,beep,beep

overheat alarm is a constant beep.beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

pump up fuel line, disconnect line at carb, turn motor over and see if the pump, pumps fuel.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Fuel pump or terrible air leak are my thoughts.

james williams

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks, Tashasdaddy.I will do that Monday,Thanks

Thanks,Kenmyfam.I agree,I`ll get on it Monday. Thanks

james williams

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I went over today and messed with it. The no-oil alarm comes on just before it runs out of fuel. As long as the bulb is pumped it runs good and the warning does not go off.I think the no oil warning is normal. The pump, that was put on earlier,has an old p/n.I think the alcohol eat it up. It`s only been on about five months. Could anybody tell me anything about the``Pulse Limiter``. This one is very weak,barely sucks and blows. Thanks

james williams

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I did a compression Test. No compression on #6.Took head off. #6 piston has a one-inch hole in center.I guess it`s between a powerpack and NGK plugs or something.He`s talking about selling it. Thanks, every body.