Oil Adjustments for Yamaha 2001 hpdi 150.

GasCan II

Petty Officer 1st Class
I’m running twin Yamaha 2001 hpdi 150 LZ150TXRZ . I think my problem is one motor is using more oil than the other one. After about 150 miles one oil tank is down more than the other,is this a problem? Thanks.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
I’m running twin Yamaha 2001 hpdi 150 LZ150TXRZ . I think my problem is one motor is using more oil than the other one. After about 150 miles one oil tank is down more than the other,is this a problem? Thanks.
What constitutes 150 miles (gallons of fuel) and how much is one lower than the other?

boscoe99

Lieutenant Commander
Check the throttle openings to verify they are the same. If not, one motor could be making more power than the other and thus using more oil.

Check the oil link rods to see if they are in specification and set the same.

Not uncommon for a clip holding the linkage in place to get old and break. In which case the oil pump defaults to the maximum oil setting. In which case one motor will use more oil than the other.

GasCan II

Petty Officer 1st Class
Check the throttle openings to verify they are the same. If not, one motor could be making more power than the other and thus using more oil.

Not uncommon for a clip holding the linkage in place to get old and break. In which case the oil pump defaults to the maximum oil setting. In which case one motor will use more oil than the other.

Thank You for your reply, I will check this out on my motors.
Thanks again.