Ohio Roundo Update

gonfishn

Commander
Well its almost here..Dates: May 21,22,23..Orginally I had thought of a day on Alum Creek then to Saltfork...Just am not going to have enough time to do both.. So everything will be at Saltfork(See Map below). Must have Adobe Acrobat to view map. (Can down load for free)<br /><br />The cookout will be Saturday(about noon)..Come when ever you want..If ya want to stay the night should be enough for a few and if not come spend Saturday and do some boating,grilling and telln tall tales..<br /><br />Area where we will be at has launch ramp for those who are pulln their toys..Park won't assign cabin until 4pm on Friday so just check in at office..Name Will be under Jeff or Gonfishn of course..I figure if those who come will bring a little something for the grill we should have plenty...<br /><br />If by chance we are not there make yourself at home or call my cell number which just email me at musky403@yahoo and I will give..Shuld be able to spot my boat on the lake easy..Just look for boat with a mural of a Musky on side and an Eagle on other or better yet look for a person that has a freshly shaved head and that would be MellowYellow(remember the bet he with me)...<br /><br />If ya could maybe let me know if your coming or still planning to would be appreciated..<br /><br /> http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/pdf/saltmap.pdf <br /><br /> ESOX1 (out house not included)<br /><br />
sspooter1.jpg

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Ohio Roundo Update

We'll be there on Sat., unless the weather forecast just makes it too miserable. But we're thinkin' "Clear skies & warm weather"! Look for me in "The Truth" (Channel 16, VHF):<br /><br />
oj35ovX8LQl+mp+CcWZsKmuy0OBKMFQe0060.jpg

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I have got the approval of my wife to make it to Salt Fork. She has school on Saturday so she won't make it. I will make it down FOR SURE! :D A couple of my friends may come along. If they do we will probably drag the camper along or tent camp.<br /><br />Jeff, Please oh please leave you stink bait at home! :D But then if you did bring it, I'm sure everyone can sniff you out! It would just be another question on who would want to come close to you.... :p

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

yes, if GF catches a muskie on either his rubber<br />duckie or that ugly gopher lure, I said I would<br />shave MY head... :eek: <br />now the question is, if he doesn't catch anything<br />does he have to shave his head?<br />gotta be 2 sides to any bet now. only fair, right?<br /> :p

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Sounds good to me MY. But if GF has to shave his head he will have to change his name to Gonbald! :D Then he will fit in with the rest of his age group....OOPS sorry Jeff,,,,just joking.. :p

gonfishn

Commander

Now MY their was nothing said about me shaving my head :eek: Unlike many my age I still have a full head of grow(ask BubbaKat,Spinner or Neaumans))and intend to keep it..I would rather have a fate worse than death and that would be havn to fish with a woman all day in my boat :D I will think of something to sacrifice out of my lure collection(under 5$ of course)<br /><br />Tommorow I am going to Saltfork to do some scouting. There are Bass,saugers and many other fins in this lake. The Stinkbait is now over a year old and has spent most of time cooking in the hot sun..Maybe have a raffle for it?<br /><br />Btw MY the middle seat is just about the right size for you. The seat rises so you can see over the side :p

gonfishn

Commander

Went to Saltfork yesterday to do some huntn for the gator..Nada on the warrior but did see a couple of nice rolls in about 5ft of water...Here is where will we will be at..<br /><br />
saltfork2.jpg

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

We are making plans ourselves to try and make it. The misses and I are planning on coming. I will know for sure as time gets closer.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Well gents, While the cat (me) was away at school, the mouse (my son Carl) was at play. I don't want to rant here cause I'm so upset of the stuff that went on while I was gone. <br /><br />Between my job, Carl, and the probation officer, I just can't risk more problems by leaving town again. So I'm truely sorry to say I can't make it. I'm so furstrated because I would really like to meet some of you. Especially since the roundo is so close to home.<br /><br />Hopefully I can get my vacation time sent in and approved for the Watts Barr Roundo in September. Carl will be 18 and on his own hopefully. Already told him that his bail person will not be me! <br /><br />I'm going to post info about the Christmas in July party at my local lake if some of you want to come and enjoy the events that go on there.<br /><br />Again, I'm sorry to say I just can't make it... :(

FLATHEAD

Captain

I am out too. I found a nice piece of land and house I want to buy and have loads of work to do to get my place on the market. I sure was looking forward to this fishing trip. But I have to put my prioritys in line and the house is #1 right now. I have not even had time to fish around here. I wish all those that make the trip a good time and hook a bigun so you can post it up here. <br /><br />Oh yeah dont forget to post a picture of the scalping.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

they's droppin like flies! LOL<br />hey FH, maybe we can schedule something closer to<br />us in the fall? GF might be coming up to visit then.<br />maybe a couple days in the fingerlakes?<br />now Bubba better not back out and leave me alone<br />with that crazy musky nutcase :eek:

bubbakat

Captain

M Y I have a murder trial they rescheduled for the month of may :mad: and it starts on the 18th and will probably run thru this sat. I was hoping to get through with my testimony on the 19th and then leave. but if they question the jury one on one there is no way it will be through before sat. night late. :eek: <br />Sorry if you get caught with G F :eek: by yourself but I can tell you from past experience it is something you will remember. :rolleyes: <br /> I want to get this scum we are trying convicted, because he belongs in jail and it took me three weeks tracking leads to charge him.<br />We have convicted his partner and got her 48 years with out parole so maybe I have did my job right here, on him.<br />I have had seven trials in the last three weeks. I know one thing, I am going fishing next sunday some where, some how. :D :D

gonfishn

Commander

Looks like its going to be MY and Gonfishn on the hunt here..Its a sure bet now that Ladyfish will be wearing a smooth top the next pic you see of her..With My I can't hold him down and shave him at the same time.<br /><br />I am showing the duck below to remind MellowYellow and Ladyfish about the bet we made..<br />One Musky caught on Mr. Duck equals two shaved heads..Next pic you will see will be MY holding a musky with the duck in the gators mouth..Can't miss him cause he will be the one with the shaved head :D Sorry Bubba ya can't make it..Was lookn forward to another fishn day with ya..<br /><br />If ya think i had some lumber the last time wait til MY sees my new stuff..<br /><br />
24746739lg.jpg

BrianFD

Depending on the weather (and Friday's forcast doesn't look real good), I'm still planning to meet up at Alum Creek on Friday, then to Salt Fork Saturday. Pray for nice weather, y'all!

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well, my boat is out of commision right now. Broke down on the lake and had to be towed back to the campers dock. First time being towed!!! woohoo!<br /><br />The van is acting funny while towing it up hill as well. So I don't know yet myself. I think the main problem with the boat is the fuel line and primer bulb on the boat, and possibly the starter. I think I have two issues. One that caused it to stall a couple times on the water. The other is keeping it from starting now. I haven't had much time to play with it lately, but I hope to get some time to look at her this week. Myself and a mechanic that happened to be nearby was checking her out on the lake. To bad I didn't have a beer to offer him, he was a really great guy to stop and try to help like he did.<br /><br />I will keep you posted.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

hey brian, ain't no-one gonna be at al. creek fri.<br />so far it's just me and musky at saltfork fri/sat.<br />samagee, no boat required ;) <br />Bubba, it's cool, take care of biz buddy.<br />GF, you don't have lil' hats and outfits for all<br />those lures right? :p

gonfishn

Commander

This might work out better MY(for your safety) with only two in the boat..Since I am left handed and side arm alot.. :D ..No ducky dress but have a purty carring case..lol

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Since this somehow turned into a fishing derby I will not be there...either Alum or Salt Fork..headed up to Lake Erie and South Bass this weekend.<br />Good luck all.

BrianFD

Hey, MY, If'n I'm gonna be at Alum Creek, then SOMEBODY'll be there on Friday (I AM somebody, I think...)<br />Bomar, ain't no stinkin' fish on my boat, Bud. Just loud R'n'R! (That may change in the near-future, however. My new son-in-law loves to fish and that might be the only way to get him out on my boat.) Anyway, have fun up on the big pond, and be safe! Maybe we'll cross paths at Alum later on.<br />Just checked the weather report and it don't look none too good for either day, so it may be a washout for me (Yeah, I know..."a 'fair-weather' boater...). Still have my fingers crossed, tho.<br />To the rest of y'all: Hey, it was a nice try, and maybe we can all get together some other time.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

sorry Brian, wasn't sure if'n u knew nobody else<br />was gonna be at al. creek... :p <br />yes MY and GF are gonna be hunting for musky, but<br />you guys can do whatever you want, fishin or not.