Ohio River Adventure; Cincy to Madison, Indiana

Dick Sorensen

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Off to see the wizard....Cincinnati to Madison and then on to Louisville....nice way to spend an early summer weekend.. Our power squadron group out of Columbus has about 13 boats ranging from 13 foot to 28 in our group....leaving Cincy tomorrow am and floating with the current down to Madison. 120 square city blocks of historic rivertown homes....neat. then off to Louisville the next day...I'll post pictures....if you see us give us a holler....

emoney

Commander
Re: Ohio River Adventure; Cincy to Madison, Indiana

Good for you and that's a nice trip. Keep your eyes peeled as you go, there's lots of debris in and around L'ville from what my brother's said.

Dick Sorensen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Our group was shocked....no debris out of the ordinary river chunks. I was really expecting an overwhelming amount of trees, railroad ties, houses, etc...nothing...the only real challenge was that only one lock working at Markland (they are installing the new gates in the small chamber.) Had a 3 1/2 hour wait on the way down but came right thru on Sunday's return leg. We had a great time. More later on our experiences at Madison, Indiana.

tjlakia

Cadet

i am going to be going from vevay, down river from markland to cincy. are there many places to fuel along the way? also, once in cincy is there places to dock? places to fuel?
Thanks!