Oh The Irony - Puppy Shoots Owner

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Oh The Irony - Puppy Shoots Owner

sure did....... freakin loser..........

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

reminds me of the aco that was euthanizing a cat, it spun around and bit him. the cat died,but the aco due to the lame doctor ended up having his arm amputated at the elbow. staph infection.

NathanY

Commander

So what happened to the puppy that shot him? That is attempted murder. Puppy should be jailed.

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by Big Daddy Nate from AR:<br /> So what happened to the puppy that shot him? That is attempted murder. Puppy should be jailed.
:D :D :D <br />I wonder if the puppy will be tried in Dog court or puppy court. <br />Bad bad puppy!

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by brother chris:<br />
Originally posted by Big Daddy Nate from AR:<br /> So what happened to the puppy that shot him? That is attempted murder. Puppy should be jailed.
:D :D :D <br />I wonder if the puppy will be tried in Dog court or puppy court. <br />Bad bad puppy!
ROFLOL <br /><br />Now this is the kind of stuff I like about DC<br /><br />Does the puppy ger a Marksmenship Award?? Should! :D

KaGee

Admiral

Will the Puppy get an honary membership in the NRA???<br /> :D :D :D

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

The puppy was obviously found not competent to stand trial, because, due to the severe anxiety it was experiencing, it had temporalily lost its ability to reason, and was, therefore, not guilty by reason of insanity.<br /><br />Of course, here in Texas, it would have been attempted JUSTIFIABLE homicide, and he would have been No-Billed by the Grand Jury anyway. <br /><br />In Texas, we still have the "He needed killing" defense.

ndemge

Commander

Originally posted by Capt. Kidd:<br /><br /><br />In Texas, we still have the "He needed killing" defense. [/QB]
That's why I respect TX<br /><br />When driving through from CA up to MO a few years back, I really liked the DWI Signs:<br /><br />"DWI, You Can't Afford It"

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

We also have the death penalty here, and we use it. <br />Comedian Ron White put it best:<br />"If you come to Texas, and kill somebody, we will kill you back."<br /><br />He made a great statement on the proposed streamlining of the death penalty, where, if there are 3 credible eyewitnesses to a murder, your appeals process will be limited and you will not wait 15 years on death row. His statement:<br /><br />"Other states are abolishing and protesting the death penalty. Texas is putting in an express lane."<br /><br />You gotta love it.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

It was self defense! No jury in the states will even hear it.

SCO

Lieutenant

I wouldn't shoot a dog either, but do think we are a bit schizo about this. Every city does in 10's or hundreds of dogs daily.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by SCO:<br /> I wouldn't shoot a dog either, but do think we are a bit schizo about this. Every city does in 10's or hundreds of dogs daily.
But NOT WITH A GUN!

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

The only time I would shoot my dog, is if it was time for it to die. I would have found a home for those puppies, or turned them over to the pound. He did not have a valid reason to shoot them.

SCO

Lieutenant

I think I stepped in one. No I don't think it was ok. No, I wouldn't want to hang out with the man. But maybe he thought he was being humane. Maybe he didn't want to loose strays, and figured they were going to be killed by the pound in the alternative and decided to handle it himself. What, we can't dress a deer ourselves, have to get a butcher for the job? To me this outrage should be more properly aimed at whether or not to euthenize strays. What would I do? I might just neuter/spey them and release them in some neighborhood if I couldn't place them. I wouldn't have the heart to kill them or even wash my hands of it and let the pound do it.<br />It's absolutely crazy to charge this man with a felony. You may be just one step away from a lifetime PETA membership.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

If the pound decides to put them down, your hands are washed of it. The PETA freaks can take it up with the pound. We can't afford to fight groups like this. So let a larger organization do the fighting on these types of issues.<br /><br />I don't think the man needs to be charged with anything either. I think getting shot was punishment, and embarrasing, enough. Maybe he will get his dog fixed so he doesn't face this decision again.<br /><br />I just don't think he had a valid reason to shoot the puppies. A bunch of wild stray dogs, hell yes any day.

unixgeek13

Petty Officer 3rd Class

If this guy's lawyer doesn't plead him to "temporary insanity", I'll be amazed. The best punishment for this guy would be to have his forehead tattooed with the words "I'm the guy that got shot by a puppy!"<br /><br />Besides... this guy in prison... it's got to get interesting then!<br /><br />There's just no defending his actions, no matter what angle you look at this from!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I can't believe his actions could be considered cruel. Shooting them to make them suffer is cruel. He was just doing something people has done for years. <br /><br />Then when the pound needs more tax money to operate then you know why. It is absurd that tax money is being spent to try this man.<br /><br />On the farm we called it pet population control. To me an animal that slowly dies due to human neglect is cruel.

SCO

Lieutenant

Sounds like we are on the same page Samagee and SS. My reaction is to the felony. Some PETA people believe that an animal has just as much right to his everyday as a human and I am not arguing that point here, but our society and laws don't see it that way or we wouldn't be euthenizing them. <br />So this guy is in the mainstream of society and the law, and those that think killing the animal is full blown murder do an end run around the law and charge the man with a felony. SS is right on, there was no cruelty. If we want to do a reevaluation of the value of higher mammel life and change societies view and the law, that's one thing, but this man has been scapegoated.