Off work!!!!!!

aspeck

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
19,889
Re: Off work!!!!!!

I only have one question ... why do we think we need more power? Ouch! Glad you are recovering topmason. Get better quick, I still need some brick layed! ;) :D
 

FLATHEAD

Rear Admiral
Joined
Dec 29, 2002
Messages
4,125
Re: Off work!!!!!!

Topmason I hear ya about the thumb. Since mine happened at work I was forced to go to rehab,, what a joke,, only if my therapist would have known I was hunting,fishin, riding my MC, workin on the house, LOL, any way the guys at the therapy place that had lost thumbs,and or index fingers were having a lot more difficulty then the rest of us members of the missing digit club. I felt really bad for some of those guys, There was one young guy about 20 that had smashed his hand in a press :eek: ,total loss, Another indian fella lost two fingers and still could not look at his hand 6 months later. He just sat and sobbed. Then you had the scum,, the guys with a supposed strained muscle in the hand playing the workers comp gravy train :mad: Wasting time that could be well spent on someone that really needs the help.<br /><br /> Any more I hardly even notice my hand, except when I bang it or bump it, I figure it will always be ultra sensitive.
 

scamper

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
183
Re: Off work!!!!!!

Tell you what; you guys are an inspiration for sure!! Been lucky, cause don’t know how I’d handle something like that.
 

Topmason

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
236
Re: Off work!!!!!!

I'da had to open up some power washing,garbage dumping, chasing the kids on the bicycle arsh whooping on him at that point.
LMAO, now that's funny KB. :D <br />I'm gonna have to remember that one for sure. ;)
 

11 footer

Lieutenant
Joined
Nov 16, 2002
Messages
1,408
Re: Off work!!!!!!

Topmason,<br /><br />After getting punched in the jaw, I would not have been able to walk away,,,,, I would have killed him or died trying.
 

Topmason

Petty Officer 1st Class
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 30, 2003
Messages
236
Re: Off work!!!!!!

First thought that flew through my mind Ryan, but my young 12, 9, 7 Y.O. sons were standing right there scared to death. <br />Then I thought of them watching the sheriff show up and undoubtedly hauling their daddy to jail.<br />I wasn't about to put my boys through that.<br />I could have called 911 and had him put in jail, but I didn't.<br />His and her word against mine, I'm sure it would have been me going to jail until all the circumstances were heard in a court room.<br />Trust me, I know where you're coming from, but I did what I thought was right given the situation.<br /><br />Bottom line,........what comes round goes round, and his is comin! ;)
 
Top